Want to participate in building the next generation of online payment system that supports numerous countries and payment methods? We are seeking talented software engineers to join one of the fastest growing areas in Amazon’s e-commerce services platform. We offer competitive salary and benefits, outstanding career and growth opportunities and an exciting and team-oriented atmosphere.
We want to move all the money in the world! We deliver game-changing financial processing power for the some of the world’s largest technology platforms including Amazon.com, Amazon Kindle, and Amazon Web Services.
We build systems that process payments at an unprecedented scale, with accuracy, speed, and mission-critical availability. We innovate to improve customer experience across the globe, with support for currency choice, in-store payments, pay on delivery, credit and debit payments, seller disbursements, gift cards, and many new exciting and challenging ideas are in the works.
The Amazon Payments Platform processes millions of transactions every day across numerous countries and payment methods. Over 100 million customers and merchants send tens of billions of dollars moving at light-speed through our systems annually. Come challenge yourself in our team-oriented atmosphere, and watch yourself grow with one of the fastest growing areas of the Amazon e-commerce services platform.
• Define, design, and implement multi-tier distributed software applications.
• Estimate support effort, plan implementation of quality features, and rollout system changes that meet requirements for functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, and adherence to development goals and principles.
• Must be able to effectively collaborate in a fast paced environment with multiple teams in a large organization (software development, QA, Project/Release Management, Build and Release, etc).
• Provide on-call production support for payment platform applications
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Good experience with source code control tools (e.g. git, Perforce)
• Experience designing high-performance, scalable architectures
• Experienced with agile development approaches like SCRUM
• Knowledge of relational databases such as Oracle or MySQL.
• MS in Computer Science
• Exposure to design patterns
• At least 3-5 years of recent experience with multi-tiered solutions, database interactions, UNIX/Linux and support of production applications
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.