Are you interested in being part of a fast paced technology company offering the next generation of online payment systems and services? Amazon.com, a Fortune 500 company based in Seattle, Washington, is the global leader in e-commerce.
Our Payments Group is looking for a motivated individual to join our Payments Experience Technology Team in Vancouver, BC, Canada. The selected candidate will act as a Software Development Engineer, designing and developing software solutions with an emphasis on enabling rapid integration and zero/low cost feature expansion for clients of the payments services within Amazon. This wide ranging role has exciting opportunities all the way from Front End UI elements to backend high throughput, high availability services and Database components. Experience with Scala, Machine Learning or CX design is beneficial.
We are seeking sharp, talented, and energetic software development engineers to help us meet our ambitious objectives.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, or 4+ year relevant work experience
• 2+ years professional experience in software development
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, or Perl
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
• Experience in UI design or User Interaction is beneficial
• Experience with Security, Authentication or Authorization mechanism beneficial
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer.