Are you excited about the incredible opportunity that cloud computing represents? Are you passionate about delivering quality services and ready to apply your experience at massive scale? Amazon Web Services’ Cloud Storage, AWS S3, is one of the largest storage in the world. We host trillions of objects and serve millions of requests per second. AWS S3 is also known as storage for the Internet. Through the use of pioneering techniques in computing, developers can durably store their on AWS’s proven computing infrastructure to achieve virtually limitless storage capacity at minimal cost.
This position is for the Storage Management Insights team in Vancouver, Canada. Storage Insights team is working on a number of Analytics products for S3 customers. We have features like Storage Class Analysis and Inventory Report which analysis trillions of S3 object’s metadata to produce its results. By using Amazon S3 analytics storage class analysis customers can analyze their storage access patterns and get recommendations on when to transition the right data to the right storage class. We are building the next generation Analytics product to help customer view their usage at an aggregate level along with ability to audit, optimize and secure their storage footprint.
As a Software Engineer on this team, you will have the unique opportunity of not just designing, developing and owning entire sub- with hard system problems but also work on exciting big analytics technologies and console interaction. The work you do here is going to significantly drive growth not just in S3 but the AWS ecosystem.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of professional software experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related degree, or equivalent experience
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as , C, C++, or
• Able to debug, troubleshoot and resolve complex technical issues reported by customers (internal or external)
• Experience building scale systems
• Experience in Agile/SCRUM enterprise-scale software development
• Practical experience with software engineering best practices
• Passion for software innovation
• Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
• Practical experiencing working with large and tools, such as Hadoop, MapReduce and Spark
• Strong customer focus – understanding of what customers expect from their compute infrastructure and passion for delivering on these problems and satisfying those customers
• Software experience with highly-scalable systems
• Experience take a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers