What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Software Development Engineer The Role:
You have passion for building great software and a strong background in software development lifecycle, release management and code branching methodologies, rapid development for large and complex codebases. You have built a proven track record in project management, continuous integration, processes and tools used for distributed large-scale SW development projects. You possess excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, as well as excellent organizational and time management skills. You are used to working independently, yet as part of a team where collaboration is of utmost importance.
- Fast and effective learner
- Direct hands-on experience in DevOps and managing the software development lifecycle
- In-depth knowledge of Git methodology, branching strategies and tools
- Experience with other source code management and version control tools (Perforce, CVS, SVN, etc.)
- Background in both Windows and Linux-based software development environments
- Strong organization skills, Program / Project Management and SW engineering acumen
- Hands-on software development, testing experience a definite plus
- Excellent research and analytical skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Motivated to tackle complex issues
- Develop, deploy, and maintain code branching and release workflows, quality gates and standards
- Work closely with development, validation, project management teams on developing an optimized and tailored branching and release strategies
- Drive alignment and synergy across multiple SW development teams on release methodologies and standards
- Directly develop and deploy metrics and analytics methods for closely monitoring and projecting the health of the codebase
- Regularly deliver analyses, reports and recommendations on release strategy to software development and program management leadership
- Masters degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- At least 5 years of direct relevant industry experience
Requisition Number: 83063
Country: Canada State: Ontario City: Markham
AMD is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Any applicant who requires accommodation should contact [email protected] .
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services.