David Aplin Group, one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, has partnered with our client to recruit a Software Developer (WPFMVVM, C#, T-SQL).
About The Team
Looking to make an impact? Interested in creating leading-edge software using the latest tools and technologies? Want to see the results of your efforts utilized at some of the largest financial institutions in the world? Fed-up with big-company corporate bureaucracy and formality? If you’re smart and enthusiastic with a passion to learn new things and develop world-class software, we are looking for you. Get ready to be challenged!
Specializing in innovative software solutions for the financial services industry, our organization is the premier vendor within the Canadian asset finance market. We are offering a fantastic opportunity to work with a successful entrepreneurial company headquartered in the core of Toronto’s Financial District with proximity to all forms of transportation.
Rise to the challenge and directly contribute to the success of our products and clients. Work hard in a fast-paced informal environment and experience the rewards of accomplishment and creative freedom that only a small company can provide. We are an agile development shop priding ourselves on our ambition, problem-solving skills, innovation, self-organization, and the production of quality software applications. We work in an open office environment and are in constant collaboration and communication with each other.
How Will You Spend Your Time?
- Use leading-edge technologies to produce n-tier enterprise applications
- Analyze functional specifications and create and document technical designs
- Develop high-quality code that meets our product specifications and technical standards
- Conduct unit testing and assist Quality Assurance staff to successfully complete QA and integration testing
- Provide technical guidance and assistance to team members
- Meet critical project deadlines, doing whatever it takes
- Provide second-level support to internal staff members and clients as required
- Visual Studio 2013-2019, .NET and C# are a must (experience with version 4.5 or later is required)
- Must have working experience with WPF/MVVM building desktop applications
- Must have ORM experience. Knowledge of Entity Framework 6.x will be considered an asset
- Must have working experience with MS-SQL Server, T-SQL, and Stored Procedures
- Dependency Injection, Unit Testing, TDD, WCF, Team Foundation Server, MS Reporting Services, and Windows Workflow Foundation are assets
- Good understanding of MS-SQL, T-SQL, Stored Procedures; Familiarity with CLR assemblies is an asset
Education & Experience Requirements
- Experience with Kanban methodology, continuous integration, and TDD
- Proven prior work experience developing large and complex applications
- Relational database-driven and n-tier application development experience
- Solid understanding of and experience with the software development life cycle
If you are interested in this position and meet the above criteria, please click the Apply button to send your resume in confidence directly to Chrys Platsis , Consultant, Information Technology. Visit our website at www.aplin.com to view our job opportunities, career tips, and tools. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
WE APPRECIATE YOUR INTEREST IN DAVID APLIN GROUP.
If this is your first introduction to us, we invite you to become one of our satisfied candidates. David Aplin Group has been Canadian-owned since 1975. Our professional consultants are passionate about helping you find a fulfilling job or career and ensuring your complete satisfaction with our process. Our proven track record, over four decades long, is largely due to our team of highly skilled and successful specialists. Through superior service and a commitment to long-term relationships, we provide deep specialization in core areas for complete recruiting and HR solutions across Canada – all from one source. We look forward to exceeding your expectations!
Learn more about David Aplin Group and view all of our current job opportunities, career tips, and tools at www.aplin.com.