Requisition ID: 96530
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
The Global Fixed Income Team is looking for an energetic and result-oriented senior developer to work on custom applications integrating with various platforms and technologies. The successful candidate must have solid hands-on expertise in building complex real-time applications and possess good analytical and problem-solving skills. Candidate will be expected to understand and formulate requirements, and co-ordinate with several business lines and other technology groups. To join our team, you must be proactive and dynamic, demonstrate initiative, have an eagerness to learn and thrive on challenges
• Minimum 5 years of experience in enterprise application development using Java and/or Scala. Working knowledge of functional programming is a plus.
• Must be familiar with Unix/Linux environment and proficient in shell scripting
• Good working knowledge in databases such as Oracle and Sybase
• Experience with Messaging Bus technologies like Kafka, MQ, JMS, or Solace
• Experience working in capital markets and more specifically Fixed Income trading environment would be an asset
• Experience with Fixed Income trading platforms, more specifically ION MMI would be an asset
• Good working knowledge of design patterns and best practices
• Experience with DevOps practices and pipelines would be an asset
• Must have excellent written and oral communication skills and be a team player
• Computer Science degree or equivalent
• Independently develop solutions to resolve complex, multi-faceted problems to meet the business needs, by applying financial and technological knowledge. Ability to wear multiple hats at a time to run with multiple ongoing projects.
• Provide 3rd level application support at times when required across multiple business units globally.
• Communicate with different technology and business groups to define requirements and test
• Deliver the assigned project to specs within the projected timelines
• Continuously expand on team knowledge
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada’s International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank’s six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.