Astucemedia is an international well-established organization offering turnkey creative and software solutions for innovative real-time data visualisation and various graphics offering for TV, museums and sport events. Our offering includes graphics for augmented reality, virtual sets, video walls, interactive graphics, full/partial-screen overlays for various digital platforms including television. With its proprietary Data Platform software engine Astucemedia established itself as a leader in various domains such as finance, sports and elections. Our clientele counting Disney/ABC News, NBC Universal, Fox Sports, CBS Sports, beIN Sports, NFL Network, BNN Bloomberg, CBC, Radio-Canada, Sky News Arabia, Al Arabiya, Dubai TV, The Media Majlis Museum rely on our expertise to deliver immersive experiences for Times Square, TV networks, sports venues, and museums. Our team consisting of talented media artists and software developers, is seeking new talents with passion, drive and innovative ideas!
At Astucemedia, the candidate we are seeking is someone with a passion for innovation around data and its visualization, specifically applied to sports, finance, elections, social media, and more. We are looking for a talented Software Developer to join our growing team in our Old Montreal office. We are seekingsomeone who works well in small teams to meet business and technology requirements with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, and delivery. If you are looking for a challenging opportunity to work with industry leaders in a dynamic and growing company then this is the role for you.
As a key member of our software development team and working collaboratively with the services department, Software Developer & Client Support is responsible to:
- Participate in every stage of the SDLC and help enforce the best practices.
- Design and build data ingest pipelines for sports, weather, finance, and variety of other feeds from different data providers. (ex Refinitiv, Bloomberg, Sportradar, StatsPerform, AP, NFL etc…)
- Design and build scalable, secure and performant system based on client requirements.
- Own, administer and optimize database.
- Provide development support for both product and project team on multiple projects.
- Design and build highly performant Web API using ServiceStack framework.
- Implement cloud infrastructure integration with docker on AWS.
- Take responsibility for legacy code and provide development support.
- Take ownership of Level-3 support; debug and fix production bugs with technical support team.
- Assist project management department in technical discussion with clients, data provider and partners.
- Write technical documentation for internal and external use.
- Write Unit and Integration tests.
- Mentor junior developers and technical support team.
- You have a Bachelor’s (or higher) degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
- You like travelling and building solid relationships with customers.
- You are detail-oriented, and have a keen sense of initiative and proactivity.
- You have a passion for Sports and Finance
- You thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment with competing priorities.
- You are always looking forward to learning (and mastering!) new domains and technologies
- You have a deep understanding of advanced technical concepts related to software development.
- You have practical experience in integrating a variety of data sources: sports, finance, weather etc. (ex Refinitiv, Bloomberg, Sportradar, StatsPerform, AP, NFL etc…)
- You have strong knowledge in programming (C#, C++), database design & ORM frameworks
- You possess excellent analytical skills; can quickly identify a problem and suggest efficient solutions.
- You have an above average sense of communication with colleagues and clients.
- You are autonomous, flexible, resourceful, and you have quick learning abilities
- You speak, read, and write in English at an extraordinarily strong level; French and Arabic would also be helpful.
- Competitive salary
- Travel premiums
- Health Benefit Insurance Package (Including Dialogue)
- RRSP Matching
- Regular team activities
- International opportunities