Who we are:
Geotab is a global leader in IoT and connected transportation and certified “Great Place to Work.” We are a company of diverse and talented individuals who work together to help businesses grow and succeed, and increase the safety and sustainability of our communities.
Geotab is advancing security, connecting commercial vehicles to the internet and providing web-based analytics to help customers better manage their fleets. Geotab’s open platform and Marketplace, offering hundreds of third-party solution options, allows both small and large businesses to automate operations by integrating vehicle data with their other data assets. Processing billions of data points a day, Geotab leverages data analytics and machine learning to improve productivity, optimize fleets through the reduction of fuel consumption, enhance driver safety and achieve strong compliance to regulatory changes.
Our team is growing and we’re looking for people who follow their passion, think differently and want to make an impact. Join us for a fulfilling career with opportunities to innovate, great benefits, and our fun and inclusive work culture. Reach your full potential with Geotab. To see what it’s like to be a Geotabber, check out our blog and follow us @InsideGeotab on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook.
Who you are:
We are always looking for amazing talent who can contribute to our growth and deliver results! Geotab is seeking a Software Developer , who will support and develop scalable systems to ingest video streams with low latency and to manage camera devices in the field. If you love technology, and are keen to join an industry leader – we would love to hear from you!
Please note: We have adopted a hybrid working model in response to covid 19. Eligible candidates must be able to travel to one of our Geotab offices in the following locations: Waterloo, ON.
What you’ll do:
As a Software Developer (Video Ingestion), your key area of responsibility will be to contribute to a dynamically scalable system which handles high throughput video data ingestion. You will need to work closely with Geotab’s Data and Development teams such as Data Engineering, Embedded, Automotive, etc. To be successful in this role you will be a self-starter, a strong team player and have the creative ability to build new solutions by collaborating with others and following best practices. In addition, the successful candidate will be highly organized, task-oriented, solution-driven with a strong team orientation.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Participate in architecture, coding, and design discussions to contribute to a dynamically scalable system which handles high throughput video data ingestion.
- Perform quality assurance by doing peer review, ensuring coding standards are followed, looking for logic errors and other bugs.
- Analyze call stacks, trace files, performance data to troubleshoot and identify the root cause of bugs.
- Write quality, in-depth software in a variety of programming languages and frameworks, such as C#, .NET, SQL.
- Participate in researching new language features, frameworks and other relevant technologies and offer recommendations.
- Other duties and responsibilities as required.
What you’ll bring to this role:
- 3+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience with object oriented programming languages and frameworks, such as C#, .NET, or Java.
- Knowledge with optimizing databases (e.g. SQL Server, Postgres).
- Understanding of industry standard protocols for video consumption such as RTSP, RTMP, WebRTC.
- Experience with Messaging queues such as Kafka, Google PubSub, RabbitMQ.
- Experience with standard protocols for consuming video streams such as HTTP Live Streaming (HLS) or MPEG-DASH (nice to have).
- Cloud computing experience with GCP (preferred), AWS, or Azure.
- Docker required, Kubernetes (nice to have).
- Proficiency in Git.
- Highly organized, task-oriented, solution-driven with a strong team orientation is required.
- Keen interest to stay relevant in the latest technology with the flexibility to quickly adapt to the growing technological and market demands.
- Post-secondary Diploma/Degree specialization in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field.
**Willingness to travel to one of the following locations: Waterloo, ON.
Why job seekers choose Geotab:
Work from home and flex work arrangements
Home office reimbursement program
Online learning and networking opportunities
Electric vehicle purchase incentive program
Competitive medical and dental benefits (full-time employees only)
Retirement savings program (full-time employees only)
How we work:
At Geotab, we understand that the world is always changing and that we need to change with it. Geotab has adopted a hybrid model for working, including a flexible work from home program, with the opportunity to work in our safe, clean offices. When working from home, you are required to have a reliable internet connection with at least 50mb DL/10mb UL. Remote work is supported with cloud-based applications, collaboration tools and asynchronous working. The health and safety of employees are a top priority. We encourage work-life balance and keep the Geotab culture going strong with online social events, chat rooms and gatherings. Join us and help reshape the future of technology!
Geotab encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Geotab is committed to accommodating persons with disabilities throughout the interview, selection and employment process. If you require accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information about our accommodation policies and practices, please contact us at [email protected] Click here to learn more about what happens with your personal data.