Requisition ID: 89192
Tangerine is Canada’s leading direct bank. We offer flexible and accessible banking options, innovative products, and award-winning Client service. The reason why Tangerine employees come to work each day is to help Canadians live better lives. We focus on making a difference in our communities, and that includes our own internal community. It’s important to us that our employees feel empowered and enthusiastic about belonging to our Orange culture.
As Canada’s leading digital bank, Tangerine’s technology is at the heart of everything we do. We’ve redefined what digital banking is and we continue to evolve on what it can be. We use technology to create innovative, forward thinking banking solutions with our client’s needs in mind.
We are made up of High-Performing, curious, energetic and collaborative individuals who thrive in our High-Trust agile environment to deliver best- in-class technology solutions for our customers. We believe in giving our people hands-on challenges and the responsibilities that come with them. This will allow them to grow, evolve and create opportunities to build their careers.
Are you ready to make the change and become part of an established disruptor with the backing of a highly engaged team? If so come join us and help redefine the Canadian banking landscape!
About the Opportunity
The Senior Software Developer is responsible for the enhancement, development and maintenance of corporate applications and banking systems. The Senior Software Developer performs a variety of duties to analyze, develop, maintain, test, debug, implement, document and support applications under the respective Development team.
Is this role right for you?
- Uses knowledge of analysis, design and programming techniques, development tools and database technologies to develop software changes or resolve incidents to meet the business requirements and Tangerine standards
- Maintain a technical proficiency with respect to programming languages and processes as well as participates in continuous improvement of applications and systems to ensure that Tangerine is well positioned for technological advances in the marketplace.
- Actively participates in support activities, including investigation and providing resolution to incidents
- Prepares/maintains the software documents for all assigned work; including, system flow and UML diagrams, technical specification and support materials
- Develops unit test case scenarios and runs tests identifying, analyzing and correcting problems
- Reviews deliverables with senior staff for completeness and accuracy
- Plans and prioritizes own work assignments and provides status updates
- Communicates complex technical issues clearly and concisely
- Develops alternative approaches and solutions to problems and reviews them with senior staff
- Raises / escalates issues, risks and impediments when necessary
- Provides 7×24 production support for applications maintained by the relevant team, may include carrying a pager on a rotational basis
- Provide technical guidance, support and technical mentorship to other members of the Software Development team including code and documentation reviews
- Actively participates in the development of high-level and detailed design documentation as well as estimation process
- Provide high level input and assessment of design and architectural documentation and decision
- Works independently with little or no supervision
- Leads projects as a Technical Lead as required. Including but not limited to: assists the project lead in allocating tasks to team members; exercises initiative and sound judgment in the execution of project plans and schedules
- Ensures that best practices and development guidelines are met as well as enhances guidelines as required
- Collaborates with IT vendors, business units and other IT cross-functional teams
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills you need to succeed.
- University or College Degree
- Minimum 4+ years of software development experience and 2 years in a Senior Developer role
- Previous exposure in the banking industry is preferred
- Knowledge of Angular JS or Data Power or IBM Campaign Suite of products or Database development is an asset
- High degree of knowledge in development lifecycle and software development methodologies
- Demonstrated experience in web/mobile application development
- Competent in enterprise application delivery and design techniques
- Competent in design patterns, releases/version control, Java, J2EE, .Net, Web Services (SOAP & REST), Java Script, Angular JS, Junit, XML, Workflow, Data Power, IBM Campaign Suite of products
- Strong understanding of various, industry standard software development techniques, methodologies and best practices
- A solid understanding of standard methods used to develop software applications for large-scale applications, taking security and scalability requirements into consideration
- Competent in effectively using software development and source control tools
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Ability to produce relevant and accurate technical documentation, as required
- Ability to effectively manage and prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to work in a fast paced, demanding and rapidly changing environment
- Ability to take a creative approach, to explore new and unique ideas while continuously looking for improvements
- Ability to seize opportunities to work outside his/her comfort zone to develop and stretch him/her-self
What’s in it for you?
- You’ll be part of a diverse, collaborative, innovative, and high-performing team
- We offer a competitive rewards package
- Performance bonus, Share Ownership Program, and Pension Plan Matching
- Health Benefits from day one!
- Office perks: free healthy snacks (chocolate is healthy, right?) subsidized on-site cafeteria and parking
- You will enjoy work life balance, team events, and opportunities to volunteer in the community.
Your career matters!
You’ll get access to various training resources to enhan
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : North York
At Tangerine we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the team, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know.