In the role of Senior Developer I, you will work for the Ticketing Management Integration team on developing, maintaining and operating Ticketmaster’s International core ticketing platforms owned by the team. These ticketing platforms are essential to Ticketmaster’s business, providing various ticketing solutions for our clients.
Under the Ticketing Management Integration team, you will be responsible for owning the development and design of entire application components. You will have to rely on your wide-range of experience to resolve complex problems, and you will have to mentor engineers in your team.
You will work with a large variety of technologies and will be part of an DevOps & Agile team, responsible for the full end to end delivery of new functionalities, including testing and production support.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Design robust, reliable, highly available, and scalable Restful APIs with solid monitoring and alerting capabilities;
- Collaborate with Product Owners and Engineering leadership to clarify and define features scope and acceptance criteria within the strategic product roadmap;
- Plan stories and iterations to achieve product goals and roadmaps;
- Design and develop tools to improve our continuous delivery mindset on AWS and On-prem (AWS services, terraform, serverless, EKS, Gitlab-CI);
- Design, develop and improve Cloud shared components (ELK, Prometheus, Outbound Proxy, Gitlab-CI Runners…);
- Code Proof Of Concepts, Examples of best practices we design in the team, projects foundations, and common libraries;
- Ensure high quality through automated tests;
- Ensure Code Review healthiness in the team;
- Ensure the right balance between standardization, innovation, quality, and technical debt reduction, to be able to deliver the business value fast;
- Be part of pager duty rotation;
- Mentor engineers and promote motivation.
Description of the soft skills such as:
- Autonomous and proactive;
- Passionate about technology and transformation;
- Self-motivated activator, energetic and tenacious;
- Comfortable with working in cross functional and multidisciplinary teams;
- Excited about taking on challenging technical problems and devising creative solutions.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Solid 5+ years of experience with strong backend development, Multithreading, Thread-Pools with strong OOP skills;
- 1+ years of experience in DevOps;
- Extensive experience with Design Patterns and SOLID principles;
- Extensive experience with Distributed / Service Oriented / Microservice and cloud-based architectures;
- Experience with AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Cloudstack;
- Experience with cloud native applications with Spring / Spring Boot;
- Experience building architecture for web applications (CDN, API Gateway, Backend For FrontEnd, Authentication, Security);
- Good knowledge of design principles for delivering Microservices with high cohesion, autonomous scope, business domain centric organization, resilient, built with centralized monitoring, and automated;
- Extensive experience with RESTful APIs design and implementations;
- Hands-on experience with relational databases like (MySQL, Amazon RDS, Amazon Aurora) And NoSQL databases like (Amazon DynamoDB, MongoDB);
- Hands-on experience with Linux/Unix Shell;
- Experience with DevOps / Continuous Delivery / Continuous Deployment best practices and guidelines;
- Hands-on experience with production deployments, operations, monitoring and alerting;
- Excellent organization and time management skills;
- Ability to juggle and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment;
- Self-driven, proactive and have a positive attitude; able to operate autonomously and efficiently in an entrepreneurial setting;
- Excellent communication, documentation, presentation skills, and ability to clearly articulate a solution in French and English.