WHY WORK AT ROSS VIDEO?
We have a great group of people working together to create and deliver cutting edge products that look amazing and are easy to use. We go all out so that our customers can have the best possible experience and achieve quality results. With a product focus, continual learning, results driven processes, and creative thinking, we constantly strive to improve our solutions and to deliver results.
If you’ve ever watched live television, news, sports, or entertainment, you’ve seen our products in use. All of the major Hollywood award shows, most professional sports teams, and many of the largest broadcasters in the world use Ross Video technology. Get behind the scenes and learn about what it takes to make live events possible.
If that resonates, and you’re someone with integrity, commitment, and a strong drive to deliver great products, we’d love to hear from you.
WHAT’S IN THE JOB?
Join the Ross Video Production Cloud team!
Imagine being part of team that enables its customers to combine live video content captured by potentially anyone, in any remote location, from any device, and bring it together into a high-quality broadcast production. We are virtualizing the way in which our customers can collect and redistribute live video feeds; be it a reporter on the scene, a fan in a sports arena, players in an esports tournament, the possibilities are endless. This will truly revolutionize the way in which live broadcasts are produced and you could be a part of it.
Customer satisfaction is our highest priority, so we are highly customer focused. If that means jumping on a plane and flying half-way around the world to address an issue, then that’s what we’ll do. We go above and beyond for all of our clients – big and small.
We believe in technical excellence and want to create craftspeople as opposed to developers and testers. We think that following best practices, such as TDD, clean code, adhering to SOLID design principles, clean architecture, test automation, and high levels of collaboration among the team produces the most maintainable and extendable applications.
While we have individual specialties, we are all full stack developers. Some of the languages and technologies we work with today include HTML, CSS, Jetty, Ajax, Java, Eclipse, OSGi, Struts, and Hibernate. We’re also in the process of modernizing our front-end technologies which include React, Redux, NPM, Webpack, Jest and not jQuery! How can we expect our customers to buy our bleeding-edge technology if we don’t keep up-to-date ourselves?
That means we are always looking for better ways to adapt our work environment and processes to meet the high demands of our customers. Our roles morph, we volunteer for extra tasks, we all care a lot about helping to make good things happen. If you don’t like change, you’re in the wrong place, but if you do, then you can be part of an incredible journey.
• Participate in the full software development lifecycle – requirements gathering, scoping, design, implementation, documentation, testing and maintenance
• Be an active participant on an Agile Scrum team working collaboratively with team members and stakeholders to meet commitments
• Write code across the full stack – UI, back end services, and data storage
• Provide design reviews and code reviews for fellow team members promoting high-quality work, sound software methodologies and attention to detail
• Backend development experience with a thorough understanding of object oriented software design, data structures, algorithms and data storage
• Excellent software development skills in an object-oriented language such as Java with excellent debugging skills
• Understanding of user interface development, TCP/IP, and UDP
• Knowledge of HTML and CSS
• Swing UI experience would be considered an asset
- Experience with live streaming technologies (WebRTC,HLS, RTMP) would be considered an asset
- 2 + years of relevant experience
WHY WORK FOR ROSS VIDEO?
We can help you flourish. You will get to develop and deliver innovative technological solutions for the entertainment industry. You will be part of the Ross Video family working in harmony to make that happen. We think that’s a pretty energizing environment.
We value our people and listen to their feedback. We offer great perks, flexible hours, free coffee and soft drinks (and a commercial espresso machine for when you need that extra jolt), team building events, BBQ’s, and other fun activities. You’ll also get to work on real-world projects that have a meaningful impact to our customers and are in use all over the world, every day.
WE’RE GROWING FAST
That means we are always looking for better ways to adapt our work environment and processes to meet the high demands of our customers. Our roles morph, we volunteer for extra tasks, we all care a lot about helping good things happen. If you don’t like change, you’re in the wrong place. But if you do, then you can be part of an incredible journey.
IN A NUTSHELL
Do you have integrity, commitment, and a drive to get results? Then Ross is the place for you, and we’d like to hear from you.
- Pay Type Salary
- Job Start Date Thursday, October 29, 2020