Requisition ID: 91480
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
As a Software Development Engineer in Test you’ll be working on our Onboarding team at Scotia Digital. You’ll work closely with multiple scrum teams to evangelize an emphasis on quality. You’ll contribute to highly applauded in house automation frameworks for UI, Microservices and Performance test.
Are you the right person for this role?
- You will champion a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge. You will write moderate to complex code/scripts to test systems
- You will design, develop and maintain a modular, extensible and reusable test automation framework to enable continuous testing in an agile environment
- You will collaborate closely with other team members to develop test approach that effectively cover the functional performance characteristics of any features in the applications
- You will act as an ambassador of test automation for the team
- You will collaborate with the Delivery Lead to plan milestones, successfully execute software delivery, and escalate issues as needed
- You will provide coaching and mentoring to team members, and provide employee feedback regarding performance and future development to Senior Development Manager
- You will facilitate communication, coordinate and motivate team to achieve shared goals
- You will understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- You will actively pursue effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
- You will champion a high performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed?
- You have well rounded knowledge and experience in Java/ J2EE – at least 2 years
- You have knowledge and experience in Spring Boot – at least 2 years
- You have knowledge of object-oriented software development best practices
- You have experience developing Unit Tests and Integration Tests using testing frameworks such as JUnit, TestNG, and RestAssured – at least 2 years
- You have experience working in a DevOps environment. Experience with Java Build Tools: Maven or Gradle
- You have familiarity with OpenAPI Specification(OAS)/ Swagger, YAML, JSON
- You have knowledge/ experience in Java ORM Frameworks such as Hibernate, Spring DAO
- You have exposure to RDBMS such as Oracle or DB2. Knowledge and experience with SQL queries
- You have experience in building, integrating and deploying web services (REST/ SOAP/JSON/XML)
What’s in it for you?
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity and curiosity and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create meaningful customer experiences
- You’ll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- We hire you for your talent – not just a job – so you can grow with us. We’ll equip you for success not only in your role, but also in your career as a whole
- Dress codes don’t apply here: being comfortable does
- Our work from home social channel offers weekly virtual yoga, social events, learning opportunities, and contests to share current experiences & promote wellbeing in our new remote environment
- Access to thousands of online and in-person courses so you can hone your current skills, or learn new ones
- A competitive rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs on pension and profit sharing, paid vacation, personal & sick days, medical, vision, and dental benefits that start from day one and much more!
- Free shuttle service to and from Union Station, onsite subsidized cafeteria with a chef, and an onsite fitness center *
*Some of our perks & onsite offerings will be offline as we continue to monitor federal and provincial regulations around COVID-19.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada’s International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank’s six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.