Location: Vancouver, BC
Copperleaf’s C55 software helps some of the world’s largest energy firms make better strategic decisions through data analytics and optimization.
We are looking for talented and motivated Software Developer in Test to join our Reporting & RDS QA team, actively participating in the integration and testing of our world-class enterprise software. Our team members have a track record of delivering award-winning, industry-changing solutions. Work with them, learn from them, be part of the team.
Key Responsibilities:The position provide an excellent opportunity to use and enhance your skills in the following areas:
- Reviewing and understanding business and functional requirements and the impact of proposed
implementation on the overall integrity of the software.
- Performing all major QA and testing activities, including test planning, test design and execution,
creating bug reports, reporting on testing progress and results.
- Participating in building automated testing to balance automated and manual test execution.
- Creation, maintenance and execution of functional/regression test plans to enhance our constantly growing suite of tests and enhance testing coverage.
- Communicating with stakeholders and other colleagues to clarify any ambiguity, gain required
knowledge and information not outlined in the requirements specifications but vital to thorough
- Assess and escalate critical or high impact quality issues.
- Share knowledge and educate team members regarding ensure better quality across of product.
- As a member of a cross-functional team, you are motivated to do what it takes to help the
Your background:You have one or more of the following attributes:
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in QA testing (automation and manual).
- Understanding of the software development life cycle of a large project.
- Experience reviewing feature specifications, creating test estimates, writing test plans, generating test data, executing test plans.
- Experience with defect tracking systems and test management systems.
- Experience using Web Service Clients.
- C# programming experience.
- UI automation test tools experience, e.g. Selenium.
- Version Control Tools experience, e.g. Azure DevOps or similar.
Nice to have:
- Hands-on experience of highly scalable data warehouses and reporting solutions.
- Experience in Oracle RDBMS and high-performance data ETL.
- You’re a great team player in a dynamic environment.
- You understand and communicate complex technical issues.
- You have an eye for detail and strong analytical skills.
- You can efficiently combine automated and manual testing.
- You promote best practices in the usage of test automation.
- You’re self-motivated, flexible, pragmatic, proactive and able to handle a variety of tasks.
- You enjoy contributing to a happy, high-functioning team, bringing attributes such as teamwork, respect, courtesy & discretion.
We’re not hung up on how many years of experience you may have with a particular language or technology. However, we like to see skill, passion, creativity and mastery in the work you’ve accomplished.
What’s it like here?
At Copperleaf, we’re committed to building a great culture because we know it sets us apart. Culture is at the very core of everything we do, and it’s what makes people want to be part of the market-leading company we’re building. We are a global team of world-class innovators continually pushing the limits of what’s possible to deliver exceptional value and extraordinary experiences to our clients. To do that, we actively cultivate an open and supportive team environment, where diverse ideas and perspectives are encouraged and respected.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, Copperleaf is building a better world, one decision at a time. As one of Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies, winner of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures and the BC Tech Association’s Tech Culture of the Year, we are a dynamic and disruptive organization offering exciting opportunities for growth and innovation. We are also proud to be a proactive equal-opportunity employer.