Are you interested in working with a talented team that is at the core of everything we do? The QNX Core OS Test Team is seeking talented individuals with a mind for details and passion for quality. You will contribute to the testing and delivery of QNX’s security features. QNX customers use these features to secured their products found in everything from automobiles to internet, from medical devices to space systems, and from manufacturing to nuclear power plants.
Responsibilities include development and execution of automated testing for QNX security features which involves a mix of python and C. The QNX security features control access to process, control what process are allow to do, control access to other resources and priorities, encryption of the filesystem, etc. The ideal candidate is an individual with an understanding of how operating systems work, how to build, run, and validate binary software images. The candidate should be able to debug complex problems and must possess the ability to implement new verification and validation techniques.
- Working with OS security development team to analyze and test new features, investigate and provide interim testing support for experimental software.
- Design and implement manual and automated test cases for BlackBerry security applications.
- Creating or updating test plans and test cases based on the new security features, customer requirements, or identified problems.
- Developing and optimizing automated test cases with continuous improvements in coverage and efficiency
- Providing solid traceability from software requirements to test specifications to test cases to test results
- Analyzing test results, debugging observed issues, generation of defect reports, verifying fixed issues, updating pre-existing defect reports.
- Creating test reports based on test results for internal and external audiences with high attention to detail.
- Be a strong proponent of knowledge sharing and collective effort between groups throughout the organization.
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- A degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent.
- 1-3 years of relevant experience with Software Testing and Automation Test Development.
- Good working knowledge of C/C++ (cross-development)
- Good working knowledge of shell scripting (sh, ksh, bash)
- Good working knowledge of Python 3.8
- Knowledge of OS security applications.
- Familiar with source versioning, problem reporting, and continuous integration systems (SVN, Git, JIRA, Jenkins)
- Knowledge of formal test theory, test methodology, and ISO9001 quality management
- Experience in developing automated tests and testing tools
- Ability to enable automation for manual tests and automate test result processing
- Able to write clear and concise problem reports
- Familiarity with common processor architectures (i.e. 32-bit and 64-bit variants of x86/ARM)
- Ability to work and participate in a team setting with an open, collaborative communication style
- Excellent communication, presentation, and organizational skills are necessary
- Enthusiasm, a passion for quality and a desire to learn about new technologies is a requirement!
Job Family Group Name:
Scheduled Weekly Hours: