Are you interested in working with a talented team that is at the core of everything we do? The QNX Networking test team is seeking talented individuals with a mind for details and passion for quality. You will work at the heart of the most reliable and secure operating system in the world. You will contribute directly to the platform that controls systems in everything from medical devices to space systems, from manufacturing to nuclear power plants, and of course, in the world’s most advanced automobiles.
The ideal candidate is an individual with an understanding of how networking systems are put together, how the software stack is designed and works below the covers. You’ll be involved in testing and influencing how different architectures and approaches in networking affect system performance. The candidate should be able to debug complex problems and must possess the ability to implement new verification and validation techniques.
- Working with networking development team to analyze and test new features, investigate and resolve customer reported problems and provide interim testing support for experimental software.
- Development, optimization and execution of automated testing in the areas of the QNX networking stack, memory management, OS services, and performance
- Creating and updating test plans and test cases based on new product features, customer requirements and identified problems with continuous improvements in coverage and efficiency in mind.
- Providing solid traceability from software requirements to test specifications to test cases to test results
- Analyzing test results, debugging observed issues, generation of defect reports, verifying fixed issues, updating pre-existing defect reports.
- Creating test reports based on test results for internal and external audiences with high attention to detail.
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- University degree in computer science, engineering (or equivalent)
- Intermediate 3-5 years of software development & test experience
- Strong debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Intermediate experience with relevant programming languages of C/C++, Python and shell scripting
- Knowledge and experience in networking including BSD socket APIs, BSD networking stacks, IPv6 and networking protocols.
- Intermediate technical knowledge of software analysis and testing/verification techniques.
- Ability to work independently and participate in a team setting with an open, collaborative communication style
- Excellent communication, presentation, and organizational skills are necessary
- Enthusiasm, a passion for quality and a desire to learn about new technologies is a requirement!
- Experience in QNX or other POSIX or embedded and real-time systems
- Network administration experience
- Familiar with source versioning, problem reporting and constant integration systems (SVN, Git, JIRA, Jenkins)
- Knowledge of formal test theory, test methodology, and ISO9001 quality management.
Job Family Group Name:
Scheduled Weekly Hours: