- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of software development experience, or 1 year with an advanced degree.
- Software development experience in C or C.
- Experience building or developing software that measures, models, or simulates physical phenomena.
- Experience with Computer Vision and Image Processing techniques.
- Experience with RTOS development on Microcontrollers or Embedded Processors.
- Performance analysis and optimization experience in the domains of embedded systems.
- Experience working with chipset vendors and/or contract manufacturers.
- Experience working closely with hardware engineers.
- Experience with Embedded Programming.
About the job
Google’s software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We’re looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day.
As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
As a Software Engineer on our team, you will be responsible for building and optimizing the software that our products are built upon.
With your technical expertise you will manage project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables. You will design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software solutions.
Google’s mission is to organize the world’s information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our Devices & Services team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences for users. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make our user’s interaction with computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, the Devices & Services team is making people’s lives better through technology.
- Architect, design, and develop software for embedded processors controlling custom display electronics.
- Architect, design, and develop software on the desktop for measuring and calibrating custom displays.
- Write robust, reliable, and efficient software to interface with cameras and other sensors.
- Work closely with both hardware and software engineers on solving cross-functional problems to deliver the best possible display experience on a custom platform.
- Understand the physics of our display system and write software that accounts for real world uncertainty and measurement error.