At Nokia we create the technology to connect the world. Developing and delivering the industry’s only end-to-end portfolio of network equipment, software, services and licensing that is available globally. Through our research teams, including the world-renowned Nokia Bell Labs, Nokia is leading the world to adopt end-to-end 5G networks that are faster, more secure and capable of revolutionizing lives, economies and societies. Nokia adheres to the highest ethical business standards as we create technology with social purpose, quality and integrity. A truly global company, we are 160 nationalities working in more than 100 countries.
About Nokia Software
Nokia Software is the leading solutions provider in the telecoms software market helping to drive large-scale service and network operations automation and digital business transformation in support of customer migrations to 5G. Built on Nokia’s cloud-native Common Software Foundation (CSF), Nokia’s multi-vendor and multi-network software solutions enrich and secure user experiences; automate operations and infrastructure; and enable new revenue streams and cost efficiencies.
Nokia Software is the Nokia division that develops products and software-only solutions. Our customers are Telecom operators and various sectors of companies increasingly looking to our “Software as a Service” offers.
Big Data Analytics, the Internet of Things, Cyber Security and Cloud are the main topics at the heart of our portfolio and enable us to create the ultra-connected world in which we will live tomorrow at the heart of smart cities, using autonomous cars and health services and public safety connected.
Come and join our team to ensure that this connected world will be safe, secure and respectful of our privacy.
You will benefit from Nokia’s 15 years of experience in this area, giving you the opportunity to further increase your skills.
Finally, as a Nokia employee, the world will be your workplace. You will have to interact with colleagues, partners and customers from many other countries and cultures.
Job Responsibilities & Competencies
- You will be part of an agile team responsible for the specification, design, development and testing of the Digital Trust products.
- The main responsibilities will be to design and/or test and execute integration, operation and deployment of security solutions; requiring knowledge in multiple technical areas, i.e. security, cloud and radio access network domain.
- Understand market needs and develop solutions based on these needs.
- Be the trusted partner of Nokia’s customers and security professionals in the security area.
- Keep up to date knowledge on latest local and worldwide technology standards, rules and regulations, as well as to keep a track on newest technology trends to be act as trustworthy presenter and experience knowledge transfer advisor and to customers and broader audience.
- Maintain and improve the performance of existing software
- Recommend improvements to existing software programs as necessary
Required Minimum Qualifications: (Education, Technical Skills/Knowledge)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required, Candidates with degree in a technical field (CS, EE, etc.) will be more relevant, Master’s is a plus
- At least 10 years of experience in the software development industry
Desired Qualifications: (Education, Technical Skills/Knowledge)
- Extensive knowledge of Java, Java APIs, J2EE/Jboss, SQL database (Oracle, MariaDB)
- Experience with concurrency / multi-threading
- Excellent knowledge of Cloud Computing (VMware, OpenStack, Kubernetes, Docker, etc)
- Strong experience with automation tools (e.g., Terraform and Ansible)
- Strong understanding of object-oriented design, data structures, and algorithms
- Expert in scripting languages (e.g., Bash/Shell scripting, Perl, Python, etc.)
- Knowledge of network security
- Experience with ELK Stack, Drools
- Experience with setting up and managing CI/CD and code management tools (Git, Gerrit, TFS, Jenkins etc.)
- Dynamic modelling and runtime execution experience
- Demonstrated ability to convert requirements into an effective solution
- Knowledge of unit tests automation tools (Junit, Jenkins)
- Implementation experience with security tools like (nmap, snort, OSSIM, Wireshark, tcpdump, etc)
Following competencies will be of value
- Any certifications in security area are an asset
- Knowledge of security domains like (PKI, AAA, Cipher, etc)
- Knowledge of tools like Robot Framework, Cucumber, Selenium
- Knowledge of business process (workflow) software such as (JPBM, Camunda or Mistral)
- Knowledge of technologies like (ReactJS, Redux)
- Basic knowledge of Telecom (e.g. 3GPP, TCP/IP, OSS, etc)
- Desire to learn new skills and new technologies
- Experience with agile development process
- Willingness and ability to work in a fast-paced environment to deliver quality solutions
- Strong customer focus and understanding of the business strategy.
- Creative, problem-solving mind-set and innovative thinking
- High level of self-motivation and maturity
- Excellent interpersonal/team skills
- Works independently with minimal supervision and multi-task effectively
- Demonstrates a strong sense of business ownership and leadership
- Able to communicate and work within a multi-national matrix organization
- Fluent in oral and written English.
Imagine creating technology that has the potential to change the world. Working with us, you will have a positive impact on people’s lives and help to overcome some of the world’s most pressing challenges. We act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people. At Nokia, employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Nokia culture welcomes people as their true selves. Come create the technology to connect the world.
Canada is committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society. As a result, we promote employment equity and encourage women, aboriginal persons, persons with a disability or members of a visible minority group to apply.