Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things. Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.
About Nokia Software
Nokia Software is the leading solutions provider in the telecoms software market helping to drive large-scale service and network operations automation and digital business transformation in support of customer migrations to 5G. Built on Nokia’s cloud-native Common Software Foundation (CSF), Nokia’s multi-vendor and multi-network software solutions enrich and secure user experiences; automate operations and infrastructure; and enable new revenue streams and cost efficiencies.
Nokia Software is the Nokia division that develops products and software-only solutions. Our customers are Telecom operators and various sectors of companies increasingly looking to our “Software as a Service” offers.
Big Data Analytics, the Internet of Things, Cyber Security and Cloud are the main topics at the heart of our portfolio and enable us to create the ultra-connected world in which we will live tomorrow at the heart of smart cities, using autonomous cars and health services and public safety connected.
Come and join our team to ensure that this connected world will be safe, secure and respectful of our privacy.
You will benefit from Nokia’s 15 years of experience in this area, giving you the opportunity to further increase your skills.
Finally, as a Nokia employee, the world will be your workplace. You will have to interact with colleagues, partners and customers from many other countries and cultures.
Job Responsibilities & Competencies
- You will be part of an agile team responsible for the specification, design, development and testing of the Digital Trust products.
- The main responsibilities will be to design and/or test and execute integration, operation and deployment of security solutions; requiring knowledge in multiple technical areas, i.e. security and cloud.
- Understand market needs and develop solutions based on these needs.
- Maintain and improve the performance of existing software
- Recommend improvements to existing software programs as necessary
Required Minimum Qualifications: (Education, Technical Skills/Knowledge)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required, Candidates with degree in a technical field (CS, EE, etc.) will be more relevant
- At least 0-3 years of experience in the software development industry
- knowledge of Java, Java APIs, J2EE/Jboss, SQL database (MariaDB)
- knowledge of Cloud Computing (OpenStack, Kubernetes, Docker, etc)
- Understanding of object-oriented design, data structures, and algorithms
- Knowledge scripting languages (e.g., Bash/Shell scripting, Perl, Python, etc.)
- Knowledge of unit tests automation tools (Junit, Jenkins)
- Implementation experience with security tools like (nmap, snort, OSSIM, Wireshark, tcpdump, etc)
- Desire to learn new skills and new technologies
- Experience with agile development process
- Willingness and ability to work in a fast-paced environment to deliver quality solutions
- Creative, problem-solving mind-set and innovative thinking
- Excellent interpersonal/team skills
- Works independently with minimal supervision
- Able to communicate and work within a multi-national matrix organization
- Fluent in oral and written English.
Following competencies will be of value:
- Any certifications in security area are an asset
- Knowledge of security domains like (PKI, AAA, Cipher, etc)
- Knowledge of tools like Robot Framework, Cucumber, Selenium
- Knowledge of technologies like (ReactJS, Redux)
- Basic knowledge of Telecom (e.g. 3GPP, TCP/IP, OSS, etc)
Imagine creating technology that has the potential to change the world. Working with us, you will have a positive impact on people’s lives and help to overcome some of the world’s most pressing challenges. We act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people. At Nokia, employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Nokia culture welcomes people as their true selves. Come create the technology to connect the world.
Canada is committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society. As a result, we promote employment equity and encourage women, aboriginal persons, persons with a disability or members of a visible minority group to apply.