Did you know that the Canadian Bank Note Company produces more than bank notes? We do! We design and develop a wide variety of products and systems for our clients.
Every member of the division plays a vital role in our success and is continuously presented with opportunities to help augment the global reputation the company already enjoys.
What’s in it for you?
As a Software Developer in our Corporate Development division you will build the software that runs the next generation of our systems and the intelligence behind our manufacturing process. You’ll get to see your work in action, as the code you write will be used by the people you work with.
You will join our full-stack team of developers and participate in the full implementation of new products and features. Beyond this, we are looking for someone who can lead the charge improving our automated testing, continuous integration and service-based architecture.
What will you do?
- Be part of product evolution from concept to implementation, working with all layers of the stack.
- Leverage low-code platforms to quickly deliver to our customers.
- Work with an Agile team to deliver working software on a two-week cadence.
- Bring a high level of creativity and passion to each project, with the goal of making each product as good and modern as it can be.
- Understand our internal customers to build the perfect software solution for them.
- Look for opportunities to evolve automation and Continuous Integration to help ensure that our systems are easily changeable and highly available, allowing us to update our production systems frequently and confidently.
What will help you succeed:
- Languages: Java, Angular, SQL & Low code development platforms e.g. Mendix
- Other Technologies: Junit, REST, JSON, TDD/BDD, Selenium, Azure
- Database: Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience working on an Agile team
- A keen interest in new technologies
- Proven ability to collaborate and solve challenges as a team.
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience working with internal or external customers preferred.
- Ability to obtain SECRET Level 2 clearance
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Canadian Bank Note Company, Limited is committed to achieving a skilled and diversified workforce that reflects the diversity of the Canadian population. We encourage applications from women, visible minorities, people with disabilities and Aboriginal people. Canadian Bank Note Company Limited is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted regarding this competition, please advise the interview coordinator of any accommodation measures you may require.