BLANKSLATE Partners is excited to partner with WTFast as they add to their rapidly growing team!
WTFast – the world leader in low latency internet route optimization since 2009. We were the first to truly innovate in this space, literally flipping the Internet model upside down. We have created an amazing plug and play networking solution, powered by real-time statistics and an expert system. With 6 granted patents, and more to come, we are re-inventing the Internet. We are a talented team based out of Kelowna that likes to create amazing technologies to solve latency issues for online gaming.
We are looking for a positive, hard working individual to help us to develop our core network services.
WTFast is building a global route map overlay network that uses non-conventional techniques to increase quality of service for latency sensitive network applications. The WTFast network development team is at the core of our R&D, its goal is to continually improve the WTFast technology to maintain our market lead. Our technology is enabled by systems that collect data from multiple sources and translate that data into routing decisions that handle moving traffic across our GPN on the lowest latency route possible.
As Software Developer – Core Network Services you will;
- Help our team build and improve the underlying systems that make WTFast work
- Investigate novel methods to improve our technology
- Design and build tools that process network traffic at the packet and stream level
- Improve systems that route traffic over the GPN
- A curious mind. You have taken apart numerous kitchen and home appliances to figure out how they work.
- A good understanding of how packets get from point A to point B over the internet
- Experience writing network drivers on multiple platforms, including Windows and Linux kernel level development.
- Written software operating in a communications intensive highly concurrent environment.
- Worked extensively writing network focused software operating at the socket level or lower.
- Experience of developing in Go, C, C++
- Experience or solid understanding of Test Driven Development (TDD).
- Experience working in an agile/scrum environment, along with Confluence, Jira, Bitbucket, Slack, and Git
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of programming experience in a professional environment
- Comprehensive understanding of software systems
- Thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment using agile software practices
- Extremely focused with great attention to detail and accuracy
- Exhibit flexibility, prioritization, and the ability to multitask
- Self-directed, take initiative, and excellent project management skills
- Professional, friendly, and approachable at all times
- Being an avid gamer with a sense of humour considered an asset
Our greatest asset is our people. In addition to our dedicated, innovative and collaborative atmosphere we offer eligible employees;
- Competitive compensation
- Extended health and dental care
- Sick days and paid time off
- Learning and development opportunities
We’re looking for lovers of gaming with demonstrated experience in software development who can contribute to WTFast’s mission, technology and team in a variety of ways. Even if you don’t feel you meet every single requirement for this specific position, we still encourage you to apply.
All applicants will be considered not just for current open roles but for future needs of the business. Therefore, Should you be hired with us, the job title that you are hired under may differ slightly from what is advertised in this job posting to best align with the competencies of the role and your specific background and experience.