We create the technology to connect the world. Only Nokia offers a comprehensive portfolio of network equipment, software, services and licensing opportunities across the globe. With our commitment to innovation, driven by the award-winning Nokia Bell Labs, we are a leader in the development and deployment of 5G networks.
Our communications service provider customers support more than 6.4 billion subscriptions with our radio networks, and our enterprise customers have deployed over 1,300 industrial networks worldwide. Adhering to the highest ethical standards, we transform how people live, work and communicate. A truly global company, we are 166 nationalities working in more than 118 countries.
Come create the technology to connect the world!
Nokia Software is the Nokia division that develops products and software-only solutions. Our customers are Telecom operators and various sectors of companies increasingly look to our offers fashion “Software as a service”.
Big Data Analytics, the Internet of Things, Cyber Security, Cloud, are the main topics at the heart of our portfolio and enable us to create the ultra-connected world in which we will live tomorrow at the heart of smart cities, using autonomous cars and health services and public safety connected.
Come and join our team to ensure that this connected world will be safe, secure and respect our privacy.
Within Nokia Software (NSW), you will join the Engineering Secure group whose mission is to develop Security products and demonstrations for carriers and enterprises to protect their network, end users and everything connected.
The team is focusing on Cloud security to protect all layers from access to applications, IoT security to meet the rising security and privacy demands and the security management for predictive security through efficient correlation, machine learning engines and analytics.
You will be part of a team in charge of Specification, Development and Testing of the new features for NetGuard family of Security products.
As a Coop Software Developer, your key responsibilities will include:
- Working with senior developers to upgrade all our Framework ReST API to version 2
- Writing and executing unit tests
- Fixing defects
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Strong understanding of object-oriented design, data structures, and algorithms
- Solid software development experience in one or more object-oriented programming languages
- Strong ability to learn new concepts and technology
- Demonstrated ability to convert ambiguous requirements into an effective solution
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal/team skills
- Experience using Linux and Windows
- Pursuing a Degree in Computer Science or Engineering (Computer, Software)
- Working knowledge of Java and Java APIs
- Experience with testing/using REST APIs
- Experience with ElasticSearch, Drools, Camunda, reactjs, swagger
- Experience with Git/Gerrit
- Knowledge of network security
- Knowledge of machine learning and anomaly detection
- Experience troubleshooting software issues
- Strong analytical and logical ability
- Experience with agile development process
What’s in it for you?
- 1 on 1 mentorship with an experienced Engineer/ Professional.
- Competitive salary and perks such as on-site gym.
- If you are relocating from a college or university that is outside of Ottawa, we will provide you with a relocation bonus.
- Work balance and inclusive company culture.
Canada is committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society. As a result, we promote employment equity and encourage women, aboriginal persons, persons with a disability or members of a visible minority group to apply.