IPG Photonics (NASDAQ:IPGP) is seeking a software developer to join our agile software development team in Kingston, Ontario, Canada. Our Kingston group is responsible for inventing, developing and building novel process monitoring tools for the global manufacturing industry. The group’s products are integrated with IPG’s world-leading photonic material processing solutions and are used to provide quality assurance for high-power industrial laser processing applications in advanced manufacturing environments around the world. Our technology empowers many household brands to offer increasingly safe, efficient and performant solutions to consumers and industry alike. This position will involve developing new features for our software suite, prototyping customer applications and performing various types of quality assurance on the hardware and software we provide.
- Develop product features in C++ and CUDA
- Prototype new applications
- Provide stress testing, benchmark testing and software QA
- Create and maintain customer-facing documentation
- Experience in developing applications in C++ and CUDA
- Experience developing software applications for mechatronics or data acquisition systems
- Experience with real time systems
- Excellent communication and teamwork abilities
- Experience collaborating on software projects with other developers is an asset
- Experience with LabVIEW IMAQ, and DAQmx preferred
- Experience with various communication protocols (RS232, TCP/IP, etc…)
- Experience with version control, unit testing and issue tracking
- Experience with system integration testing
- Experience with generating design documents for customer facing designs and for implementation designs
- Experience in developing applications in LabVIEW is an asset.
- Must be authorized to work in Canada, have a valid passport and be eligible and willing to travel to US and EU countries.