External Title: Software Developer
Internal Title: Software Developer (Backend)
Location: Calgary, AB, Canada or London, ON.
COVID precautions: Currently all employees are working remotely. Interviews will be held via Microsoft Teams link.
Backend Software Developers contributes to all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle through the analysis, design, implementation, verification, and maintenance of software solutions. This role works closely with Business Unit stakeholders to review requirements, validate designs, create work estimates, develop software, and verify product releases. The Software Developer will also works in close collaboration with the Software Development Team Lead and Manager to define and implement best practices across all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle.
- Design and code complex software applications from business and technical specifications
- Develop, execute, and review unit, component, and integration level tests to verify requirements are met
- Ensure coding standards and product quality targets are met through the completion of code reviews
- Investigate and resolve complex technical issues for assigned projects
- Support the professional development of junior team members through coaching and mentoring
- Enable continuous improvement across the SDLC through the introduction of new technologies and processes
- Create and review technical and end user product documentation
Technical Lead Responsibilities:
- Develop a detailed technical understanding of client needs and project requirements
- Lead and coordinate day-to-day technical execution of on and offshore Engineering staff
- Work with Architects to review and provide feedback for Software Design Documents
- Act as the primary point of contact for Project Management status updates
- Collaborate with technical stakeholders to create detailed work package estimates
- Create, prioritize, assign, and monitor all software development tasks for assigned projects
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- 7+ years professional experience in solution design, implementation, and technology leadership
- 7+ years professional experience building back-end systems
- Deep knowledge and professional experience with both Java and TypeScript
- Experience with microservice architecture
- Experience with relational and non-relational database design and development
- Demonstrated ongoing learner who is flexible and adaptable always looking to grow skillset and experiences
- Exceptionally self-motivated, self-directed, and detail-oriented
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada either through a valid open work permit or permanent residency
J.D. Power is a global leader in consumer insights, data, analytics, and advisory services that helps clients drive growth and profitability. The company’s industry benchmarks and reputation for independence and integrity have established it as one of the world’s most well-known and trusted brands.
Truth that Transforms: At J.D. Power, we amplify the voice of the consumer, and help brands improve the value of their products and services. Our capabilities empower everyone in the global commerce ecosystem, enabling better purchase decisions – and better business results. We understand that the customer experience is vital and that simply measuring it is not enough. Our analysts focus on driving results that improve customer loyalty and advocacy. Our success is driven by how much we help companies improve the customer experience. But data is only as powerful as the analysis and insights tied to it-and we put that power in the hands of our clients through our interactive reporting platforms. The data, analytics, insights, best practices, and action plans clients need are available whenever and wherever they need them, to help them make data-driven decisions that will improve their customer experience and drive positive financial results.
J.D. Power’s recruitment efforts are aligned with the company’s commitment to provide opportunities rooted in diversity, inclusion, and equality.
Our Vision: To be the leader in providing advanced data solutions that empower industry transformation.
Our Mission: We unite industry leading data and insights with world-class technology to solve our clients’ toughest challenges.
Our Values: We are Truth Finders, Change Makers and Team Driven.
We are dedicated to leveraging comprehensive and equitable practices which contribute to the overall success of the company and its employees. We invite you to learn more about our DE&I efforts.
J.D. Power is an equal opportunity employer and compliant with AODA/ADA legislation. If you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please specify.
To all recruitment agencies: J.D. Power does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.