7shifts Employee Scheduling Software Inc.
At 7shifts, we’re building a team and product that will help change the restaurant industry for the better, one shift at a time.
We believe that starts from the inside-out. Our Values-Be radically candid, Embrace new challenges, Act like an owner, Make every experience an 11, and Solve with simplicity (otherwise known as BEAMS)-are the bedrock of our team member experience. Those values are also what drive our customer experience, and are a big reason why we’re trusted by more than 350,000 restaurant pros around the world.
We are looking for a Software Developer to join our team and our mission to simplify labor management and improve performance for restaurants everywhere. As a Software Developer, you are quality-driven and a team player. You will work with your team to deliver solutions to customer problems and develop new and exciting features for the 7shifts product line. This is an opportunity for someone who wants to get in on the ground floor of a transforming industry and play a critical role in driving our continued success.
The position can be based in New York, Saskatoon or Toronto, and is remote-friendly.
We’re building an inclusive work environment that is representative of the diverse industry we have the pleasure of serving and encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
What you’ll do:
- Develop Software on a team of 4-6
- Be scope aware. You and your team should focus on shipping the smallest possible MVP for a feature
- Solution driven. Present solutions that meaningfully contribute to your team’s sprint plan
- Pair. We thrive on knowledge transfer and continual learning. You’ll be working closely with your team members
- Collaborate with the team to execute on the team roadmap
What you have:
- Object oriented programming experience
- 3 or more years of industry experience
- Polytechnic diploma in Computer Systems Technology, or a Computer Science degree, or equivalent experience
It’d be even cooler if you had:
- Experience working with MySQL, PHP 7, and ReactJS
- Experience working on SaaS field
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform
7shifts is a cloud-based labor management platform designed for the restaurant industry. We help restaurateurs – from independent establishments to large franchises – by making it easy for them to properly schedule their staff, streamline team communications, and reduce labor costs. Since our founding in 2014, we have scaled rapidly to become the leading labor management solution for restaurants.
Our Response to COVID-19
Our team is fully supported in working remotely. We have protocols in place for those who wish to work out of our Saskatoon, Toronto, or Hoboken New Jersey offices.
Our People and Culture team has transitioned the recruitment, hiring, and onboarding processes to be fully virtual. We’ve added two dozen Shifties to the team since then.
While working remotely challenges our team’s connected and activity-loving nature, we’ve been able to create virtual opportunities for fun and social connection.
- Centrally located offices in Saskatoon, Toronto, and Hoboken for those who want to work in-person with their team
- Remote friendly for those who want to work from home (whether it be preference or pandemic related)
- Stock options (equity) in a VC-backed startup
- Benefits coverage from the start
- Unlimited vacation
- Parental leave program
- Continuous professional development budget
- A culture that values authenticity, trust, curiosity, and diversity of thought
We thank you for your interest in joining the 7shifts team! While we welcome all applicants, only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply for This Job