About Oracle NetSuite
Our goal is to transform how businesses operate. We help businesses achieve their vision, no matter the size or industry. We’re the #1 cloud business software, supporting more than 40,000 organizations, in more than 100 countries. Find out more about Oracle NetSuite at www.netsuite.com.
The Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) division is made up of 60+ Developers, Testers, Technical Writers, UX Designers/Researchers and Product Managers. Our office embodies the roots of a start-up culture within a large organization, and our ERP crew delivers on business-critical functionality every day. We offer great perks, such as a healthy breakfast, team events, and subsidized educational advancement opportunities.
About the ERP Order to Cash Team
We buy things every day. Have you ever stopped to wonder, how the price was determined? How the order was processed, fulfilled and invoiced? At Oracle NetSuite, our customers drive their business using our software. We are responsible for the pricing engine and sales order. Join our team and work at the heart of a system used by more than 18,000 customers.
Our Order to Cash team at Oracle NetSuite helps businesses succeed – and while doing that, solves interesting technical challenges. We have customers with tens of thousands of transactions daily, and it’s up to us to design and build high-performance solutions to support them. If solving interesting technical challenges for critical business functions sounds exciting to you, then we want to hear from you!
What You’ll Do Every Day
- Design and implement database-driven web application features and tests.
- Participate in and drive the team’s code review process in an active and timely fashion.
- Resolve production issues and work with team members, including Technical Support teams, to see their resolution through to completion.
- Collaborate with fellow team members (Testers, Developers, Designers, and Product Managers) to deliver on a shared responsibility for quality.
- Contribute to product roadmap discussions and implementation.
- Mentor more junior members of the team and co-op students.
- Help lead initiatives that make us stronger as a team (e.g. internal dashboarding, metrics for our success in production, improved build processes).
- Contribute ideas and effort for continuous improvement for the team, in its Agile process and in its general team effectiveness.
What You Bring to the Table
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 4+ years of software engineering or related experience, in Java (preferred), C#, or C++.
- Experience designing and building database-driven web applications.
- Experience working with SQL (preferably in Oracle)
- Understanding of HTTP, Internet protocols, Web browsers.
- Experience working in an agile team (one with developers and testers working on the same goal at the same time).
- Experience troubleshooting everything from your own development environment to client issues.
- Superior communication skills
- Experience working with IDEs such as Eclipse or IDEA
- Experience working with code versioning tools such as Perforce or Git
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.