Together, we can beat cancer.
At Varian, we bring together the worlds’ best talent to realize our vision of a world without fear of cancer. Together, we work passionately to develop and deliver easy-to-use, efficient oncology solutions. If you want to be part of this important mission, we want to hear from you.
We’re driving toward the ultimate victory: a world without the fear of cancer.In your role asCloud Software Developer you are responsible for the development and maintenance of a modern cloud-based platform that supports the evolution of our products. You understand business strategies and are able to align your work to meet broader business requirements. You work in a collaborative manner with other Developers, Architects, Development teams, Product Managers, UX and other stakeholders.
- As a professional software developer, you will play a key role in analyzing, designing, developing, and documenting software enhancements for Oncology focused products using modern development technologies such as .NET Core, C#, Java 11+, TypeScript, Angular, Node.js, Python, HTML, CSS, RESTful web services, SQL Server, etc.
- You will be involved in conducting and participating in design and code reviews, unit, feature, and regression testing, and will collaborate with Varian software development teams and other departments worldwide on developing application solutions.
- You have an analytical and proactive mind set and you feel comfortable working on complex problems. You enjoy working with talented people in a multicultural working environment and are dedicated to bringing the best in quality and value every day.
- You’ll join a cross functional team in building a world class Oncology specific EMR and Treatment Management System that will be used to treat patients here in Canada as well as every other part of the world. Varian contributes to the fight against cancer in over 100 countries across the globe.
- Bachelors, Masters, or PhD degree in computer science or related field
- Experience developing and designing scale able, distributed, customer facing web applications using micro service designs
- Experience in system architecture and working with internal business leads to develop solutions
- Solid understanding of Cloud based software development, micro services, and cloud-oriented CI/CD pipelines
- .NET Core/ C#.NET, Java or C++ experience is highly desirable
- Experience in Docker, Kubernetes or other container-related technologies is desirable
- Experience with the Microsoft Azure Cloud platform highly desirable
- You are analytical, communicative and focused. In addition, you can express and sell your ideas.
- You are used to working independently and are open to discussing ideas and solutions with your colleagues.
Fighting cancer calls for big ideas.
We envision a world without fear of cancer. Achieving this vision takes dedication and commitment from all of us, every single day. That’s why we celebrate and value the distinctly beautiful and intersectional identities of each of our employees. We are a mirror of our patient-base, which allows us to innovate. Big ideas come from everywhere, and the best ideas are fostered by our unique individual experiences. At Varian, we encourage you to bring your whole self to work and believe your bold and authentic perspective will help to power more victories over cancer.