Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that accomplishes operational excellence. Bringing together individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise, our 22,000 team members in over 350 locations worldwide are vital to making our Company stronger.
We are currently looking for a Software Developer to join our IT team within Stantec.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Documenting the types and structure of the data as well as mapping and tracing data from system to system to solve a given business or system problem. Manage data integration from different sources into the database and apply QC/QA processes.
- Develop flowcharts, layouts, and documentation to identify requirements and solutions.
- Write well-designed, testable code.
- Produce specifications and determine operational feasibility.
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system.
- Work with team to develop software verification plans and quality assurance procedures.
- Document and maintain software functionality.
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing systems.
- Interact with business stakeholders, end user, peers, help desk, and management personnel to resolve issues.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Development experience with MS SQL Server and T-SQL.
- Understanding of C# .NET Framework 3.5 or higher
- Some experience in Agile methodologies and practices
- Experience with Python, Angular 2 , .NET Core, and Docker is preferred
- Automated end-to-end test experience with Katalon studio, Protractor or Selenium is highly valued.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Up to 3 years of related work experience.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best
Job: Applications Development
Primary Location: Canada-Ontario-Markham
Other Locations: Canada-Ontario-Toronto, Canada-Alberta-Edmonton
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 210000AV
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans