Jonas Software is a wholly owned subsidiary of Constellation Software Inc. (“CSU” on the Toronto Stock Exchange) and employs over 3,000 team members working in 95 software companies worldwide. We are serial acquirers of vertical market software providers with a widely publicized buy-and-hold-forever strategy. Fiscal 2019 was a record-breaking year on the acquisition front, with 17 deals closed across North America, Europe, Australia, and New Zealand as we entered 6 new verticals.
To support our next phase of growth we are opening a new Research & Development operation, Jonas Software Solutions, in Halifax, Nova Scotia. We are now looking to recruit our first wave of Developers, QA Analysts, Designers, DBAs, Product Owners and other key individuals with all levels of experience to form an integral part of the Jonas business across North America.
We are now looking to hire Software Developers with experience levels ranging from 5 to 10 years. Working closely with the existing team, you will be responsible for creating next-generation applications and modules that enhance existing B2B and B2C products and drive value and growth. You must have the ability to write clean code with scalability in mind and continually enhance our enterprise web applications and third-party integrations. Ideal candidates will be creative and self-motivated problem solvers that takes ownership and pride in the quality of their work.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Participate in requirements discovery and feature design
- Identify impact of possible implementation options
- Engage in code review to vet design choices, enforce convention, and share knowledge
- Collaborate with QA to develop test plans and documentation covering new development
- Work within deadlines in relation to product release timelines, and consistently complete assigned development tasks in required timeframes
- Become an expert in key areas of our systems
- Be ready and willing to jump in to learn new aspects of existing systems and new systems, as well as new frameworks and technologies, unprompted and with or without formal training because it is fun and just what we do!
- Occasional travel to the US on for customer and/or company meetings
Skills & Experience
- Ability to design, develop, test, implement and maintain software development solutions using some of the following technologies:
- C#/VB, .Net Core Architecture
- ASP.NET Core, Angular, React, Vue, MVC web applications
- Nginx, Redux-saga, Integration with Microservices, SignalR
- Experience working with Cloud application architecture (AWS, Containers..)
- Working knowledge of Agile SDLC methodologies
- Exposure to Test Driven Development
- General knowledge of software development concepts, best practices, strategies, and methodologies
- Knowledge of either Object-Oriented or Event-Base Programming and Application Architecture
- Working knowledge of Relational, NoSQL or Document Databases
- Experience with Responsive Web Design
- Experience with source control management process and tools
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively in writing and verbally as appropriate for the needs of the audience
We are part of the largest software company in Canada with a unique blend of local control and Big Company support and we are recruiting our first 30 team members in Nova Scotia. Whether you are an ambitious graduate looking to kick start your career or an industry high achiever searching for the next opportunity why not get in touch and find out more about our plans. We would love to hear your story, learn about your ambitions, and figure out if we could have a great future together.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Number of Openings Available:
More About Jonas Software:
Jonas Software is the leading provider of enterprise management software solutions to the Country and Golf Clubs, Foodservice, Construction, Fitness & Sports, Attractions, Salon & Spa, Education, Radiology/Laboratory Information Systems, and Product Licensing industries. Within these vertical markets, Jonas is made up of over 65 distinct brands, which are respected and leaders within their own domain.
Jonas’ vision is to be the branded global leader across the aforementioned vertical markets and to be recognized by customers and respective industry stakeholders as the trusted provider of ‘Software for Life’ and as an ambassador for technology, product innovation, quality, and customer service.
Jonas Software is the valued technology partner of over 60,000 customers worldwide in more than 30 countries. Jonas employs over 2,000 skilled individuals consisting of a cross-section of industry experts and technology professionals. Jonas is headquartered in Canada and also operates offices throughout North America, the United Kingdom, Europe, Australia New Zealand and Africa. Jonas is a 100% owned subsidiary of Constellation Software Inc., headquartered in Toronto and traded on the S&P/TSX 60.