Amazon Digital Content and Commerce Systems (DCCS) is looking for a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) to join our team of Senior SDET’s and Principle Engineers in building highly visible, robust automation tools and framework to tackle hard to solve problems. DCCS enables Amazon device and subscription businesses to innovate faster and deliver more for customers while ensuring reliability, scale, security and cost efficiency by building services and tools that are self-serviceable and configurable. We are looking for SDET (Software Development Engineer in Test) to help architect, design, build, and test improvements to mission critical systems that power customer subscriptions at Amazon. Digital commerce team handles complexities of managing all digital subscriptions across Amazon, including Amazon Prime, Kindle Unlimited, Audible, music, and video, using the latest in high-availability services and distributed systems. Subscriptions is aiming to drive new customer experiences and solve new complex technical challenges while continuing to successfully serve millions of existing customers.As a QA champion on the engineering team, you will get the opportunity to own major deliverable at all phases of the development cycle: scoping, design, coding and testing using an agile process. You’ll write and implement test plans that root out bugs and design flaws in our systems so that we can resolve them before they make it to production. You’ll build frameworks that allow the team to write reliable, targeted, and extensible tests to support a fast-growing feature set in our Service Oriented Architecture (SOA). You’ll have an opportunity to work with other teams throughout Amazon to flesh out cross-team requirements and designs. You’ll also put your experience, expertise, and creativity to work in determining/recommending the best designs based on business objective, timeline, and resource constraints.
To be successful in this position you will have a strong background in algorithms, data structures, Java, and databases both SQL and NoSQL. The ability to communicate clearly and concisely (both written and orally) and work well in a team are key competencies. You should be able to quickly adapt to new development environments, learn new systems, create reliable and maintainable code, and find creative and scalable solutions to difficult problems. Experience working with high-traffic, scalable services is a plus.
• 1-3 years experience in a large-scale software development environment
• Expert skills in Java/C/C++/C# or other high-level programming language
• Clear communication
• Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
• Willingness to own all stages of development process: requirements, design, implementation, testing.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including Agile development, coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Track record of designing and building complex software systems
• Demonstrated experience with computer science fundamentals (algorithms, data structures, etc.)
• B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science or related field, or relevant work experience
• Big Ideas
• Self-motivated with a strong work ethic, looking for problems to solve with minimal supervision
• Excellent at working with and motivating a team
• Experience designing and/or implementing automated software testing, deployment and performance analysis systems
• Experience working with driving product vision to deliver long term customer a value
• Excellent interpersonal communication with strong verbal / written English skills