At Nokia we create the technology to connect the world. Developing and delivering the industry’s only end-to-end portfolio of network equipment, software, services and licensing that is available globally. Through our research teams, including the world-renowned Nokia Bell Labs, Nokia is leading the world to adopt end-to-end 5G networks that are faster, more secure and capable of revolutionizing lives, economies and societies. Nokia adheres to the highest ethical business standards as we create technology with social purpose, quality and integrity. A truly global company, we are 160 nationalities working in more than 100 countries.
About Nokia Software
Nokia Software is the leading solutions provider in the telecoms software market helping to drive large-scale service and network operations automation and digital business transformation in support of customer migrations to 5G. Built on Nokia’s cloud-native Common Software Foundation (CSF), Nokia’s multi-vendor and multi-network software solutions enrich and secure user experiences; automate operations and infrastructure; and enable new revenue streams and cost efficiencies.
General Purpose of the Role/Job Position Summary Description:
Nokia Software Core Engineering / Signaling and Media R&D team is seeking for SBC System Architect in order to address growing business needs of Nokia Session Border Controller (SBC) product. This has to be supported by rapid product evolution and transition to cloud native product architecture.
Therefore, we require a System Architect (media function specialist) to join our R&D organization. The candidate(s) in this role will be required to work with R&D members (CTO, other systems engineers/architects, software engineers) as well as product line managers (PLMs) and customer support teams to define, design and deliver cloud native SBC product into both Carrier and Enterprise Markets.
Key Responsibilities / Functions:
- Definition of a new product architecture to respond to new product evolution needs
- Cooperation with Product Manager, Product Architect, CTO and Development Teams on defining of product roadmap, feature definitions and backlog prioritization
- Identification of product gaps and weaknesses toward competition, addressing them into enhancements/ roadmap
- Supporting design, implementation, test, sales and maintenance of product with the relevant teams
- Documenting and presenting product capabilities internally and externally (documentation/ publications and presentations)
- Cross-sharing technology & product knowledge among various project team members
- Representing R&D internally and externally
Required Minimum Qualifications: (Education, Technical Skills/Knowledge)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required. Candidates with degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering will be more relevant. Master’s degree is a plus.
- At least 6-8 years of professional experience including System Architecture
- Software design, software development
- Very good knowledge of Session Border Controller product(s), its functions and components,
- Very good understanding of cloud native principles, microservices, containers
- In-depth knowledge in VoIP and VoLTE architecture, entities, use cases
- 3GPP and IETF standards knowledge applicable to SBC signaling & media services and networking
- Experience and strong knowledge in IP, H.248, Lawful Interception, MSRP, RTP, RTCP, UDPTL, DTLS, SIP/SIGTRAN, SIPREC, transcoding (audio, fax, video) including TrFO, MOS, DSP
- English as working language
Desired Qualifications: (Education, Technical Skills/Knowledge)
- System test hands-on experience would be an advantage
- Good knowledge of IMS architecture and SBC applicable use cases
- Good knowledge of session border controller services of SBC media function
- Very good knowledge of overload control, capacity and system performance aspects
- Experience with VMware, Openstack, AWS, Azure clouds, Software Defined Networking
Imagine creating technology that has the potential to change the world. Working with us, you will have a positive impact on people’s lives and help to overcome some of the world’s most pressing challenges. We act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people. At Nokia, employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Nokia culture welcomes people as their true selves. Come create the technology to connect the world.
Canada is committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society. As a result, we promote employment equity and encourage women, aboriginal persons, persons with a disability or members of a visible minority group to apply.
Nokia is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion. At Nokia, employment decisions are made regardless of sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information or ancestry, protected Veteran or military status, or other characteristics protected by law.