We are looking for Software Architects with experience building large scale, distributed, and service-oriented architectures. Experience designing microservices based architectures is highly desirable.
You feel comfortable switching hats between software development, business requirements gathering, DevOps tasks, and working with our Machine Learning experts to develop new Transaction Monitoring Solutions.
Working closely and leading a development squad, you will be happiest spending 50% of your solving problems, whilst the rest is hands-on coding with the team to ship the product.
- Collaborate with the R&D team to architect and build a distributed cloud-based SaaS solution for transaction monitoring using Java and Spring Boot.
- Build highly scalable and distributed microservices that can process our large customer data sets in real-time
- Actively participate in production discussion to help build cutting-edge solutions
- Design and build RESTful APIs to allow our customers to easily integrate
- Explore, evaluate and integrate new data pipelines
Experience and Qualifications:
- Substantial professional experience in a SaaS product environment
- BS or Masters in Computer Science or related field
- Proficient in Java and Spring framework
- Strong understanding of microservice architectures, principles and patterns
- Experience with containerization related management stacks like Docker, Swarm, Kubernetes
- Solid understanding of NoSQL database modelling and design
- Deep familiarity with cloud infrastructures such as AWS
- Experience working with large scale data processing using Hadoop stack
- Understanding of messaging systems and data pipelines such as RabbitMQ and Kafka
- Scaling knowledge of Cassandra, Elasticsearch, MongoDB, Neo4j, HDFS
- Worked in a financial services context related to risk management
Key Characteristics and Attitudes:
In a recent global survey these attributes were valued by Jumios in all locations and functions – we firmly believe in hiring for attitude as well as skill.
- Friendly and supportive
- Adaptable and flexible
- Articulate and persuasive
- High IQ and EQ
- Curious and coachable
- Commercially Aware
- Resilient and tenacious
- Big picture and the detail
- IDEAL: Integrity, Diversity, Empowerment, Accountability, Leading Innovation
Jumio is the future for online and mobile ID verification, transaction monitoring and fraud detection. We are the largest and fastest-growing company in the ID verification space. With a global footprint, we’re expanding the team to meet strong client demand across a range of industries including Financial Services, Travel, Sharing Economy, Fintech, Gaming, and others. Our team of over 500 are building solutions that help customers fight fraud at scale and we are looking for people who have a passion for solving challenges that make a significant impact on customers.
Having acquired Beam Solutions in Sep 2020, we have now brought our AI and ML expertise into AML for financial, retail and gaming and with significant demand need to grow our engineering team.
Jumio is a collaboration of people with different ideas, strengths, interests and cultures. We welcome applications and colleagues from all backgrounds and of all statuses.