Do what you love. Love what you do.
At Workday, we help the world’s largest organizations adapt to what’s next by bringing finance, HR, and planning into a single enterprise cloud. We work hard, and we’re serious about what we do. But we like to have fun, too. We put people first, celebrate diversity, drive innovation, and do good in the communities where we live and work.
Workday’s Talent Marketplace team in Vancouver intelligently connects employees to projects and roles where they will have the most impact and personal growth. Our goal is to empower companies, improve employee happiness, and change the future of work. The word teamwork is very important to us. On top of all the cool software development work we do, we are very proud of our amazing team culture. We love hikes up the Grouse Grind, skiing/snowboarding in Cypress, and bike rides around Stanley Park. If the weather doesn’t cooperate we love going to spin class!
Workday Software Engineering roles offer exciting opportunities to evolve our award-winning products. You will be creating information systems by designing, developing and installing software solutions to make a direct impact on Workday’s path into the future. While we look for common skills and capabilities in all our candidates, each team offers unique ways to elevate Workday products to the next level. If you have these skills, Workday may be the place for you:
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Adaptability in challenging situations and problem solving sessions
- Ability to communicate project progress effectively in an agile methodology setting
- Desire to collaborate with others with similar passions
As a Software Application Engineer, you will use modern technologies and methodologies to help build customer facing applications that our users will never want to put down. You will work with world class teams to solve some of the most challenging problems enterprise companies face today. You will be exposed to different facets of the business and have the opportunity to visit our HQ in the heart of the Silicon Valley.
What we’re looking for from you:
- 2-3 years of professional software development experience
- You are smart, passionate, hungry for knowledge, get stuff done, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Familiar with Object-Oriented Programming fundamentals, data structures, and algorithms.
- Strong team player with good communication skills.
- Strong understanding of the problem we’re solving and a passion for making a difference.