What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
In this position you will be an integral part of video encode designs. The candidate will be responsible for developing better ways of creating AMD’s next generation of ASICs. You will use your combined hardware and software background to help create the best video encode solutions possible. Ingenuity, excellent communication, outstanding problem-solving skills will enable you to ensure AMD products and solutions are developed on the leading edge.
As a key contributor to the success of AMD’s IP, you will be part of a leading team to drive and enhance AMD’s abilities to deliver the highest quality, industry leading technologies to market.
- Must have proven abilities to tackle critical software problems and will be working with innovative engineers to build the groundbreaking AMD silicon software.
- Design, develop and optimize firmware running on an embedded microprocessor within the GPU/APU.
- Work closely with multimedia teams to design and implement end-to-end video encode features in Windows.
- Craft and develop tools to validate hardware/software functionality, and to tune the performance and quality of the overall solution.
- Bring-up new functionality in simulation and on new hardware.
- Collaboration with international teams of software and hardware video specialists.
- At least 5 yrs. of experience in C/C++.
- Familiar with Linux, knowledge and experience of device driver or firmware development is preferred.
- A background in core video technology (encode/decode, camera, display), system-level use cases (playback, still/video capture, video telephony/conferencing/transcoding/streaming), Operating Systems and Systems programming.
- Prior experience in development, integration and productization of video solutions or equivalent research experience.
- Strong analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Very good oral and written communication skills to get along with multi-functional teams.
- Proactive, creative and a teammate.
Additional Preferred Experience/Assets Include:
- Knowledge of CODEC standards H.264, HEVC, AV1, VP9, VP8, MVC, SVC, MPEG4, MPEG2.
- Prior experience with simulation, emulation, and FPGA prototyping.
- Embedded programming/debugging environments.
- Familiarity with communication protocols.
- Degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering or Computer Science + 5 years proven experience.
Markham, Ontario Canada
Requisition Number: [[id]]
Country: [[filter1]] State: [[filter2]] City: [[filter3]]
AMD is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Any applicant who requires accommodation should contact [email protected]
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services.