Ultimate Software is seeking a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) with a background in Software Engineering, Software Design and Systems Architecture with a focus on automation, reliability, and system integration. The SRE will be joining a team responsible for the reliability and uptime of both our internally critical and our externally-visible systems. This position will also partner with development teams to assure smooth integration and deployment of software across the entire architecture. Experience with Kubernetes is an asset.
Here at UKG, Our Purpose Is People. UKG combines the strength and innovation of Ultimate Software and Kronos, uniting two award-winning, employee-centered cultures. Our employees are an extraordinary group of talented, energetic, and innovative people who care about more than just work. We strive to create a culture of belonging and an employee experience that empowers our people. UKG has more than 13,000 employees around the globe and is known for its inclusive workplace culture. Ready to be inspired? Learn more atwww.ukg.com/careers
Primary/Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services including: system design, build, deployment, monitoring, and support
- Define and implement standards and best practices related to: system architecture, deployment, metrics, operational tasks
- Design and implement fully automated CI/CD pipelines
- Curate docker images for our runtime environments
- Exhibit a deep understanding of server virtualization, networking and storage ensuring that the solution scales and performs with high availability and uptime
- Review and approve PR’s for submitted code
- Strive to reduce complex environments and designs to clean and simple implementations
- Communicate with team members to clarify requirements and overcome obstacles to meet the team goals
- Work with other team members to evaluate frameworks, services and applications that support our deployment goals
- Participate in standups, architecture reviews and planning meetings
- Provide troubleshooting and root cause analysis for production issues that are escalated to the engineering team
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience with algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis and software design.
- Experience with highly resilient systems as well as anti-fragility design patterns
- Experience with distributed systems
- Experience with service-oriented architectures
- Ability to lead and work in projects
- Ability to communicate effectively (listening, presenting and questioning)
- Positive team participation skills
- Strong organizational, written and communication skills
- A degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, IT or a related field is required
- CNCF CKA (Certified Kubernetes Administrator) Certification is a plus.
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Ultimate Software will reasonably accommodate employees with disabilities as defined by the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other appropriate statutes. If you are an applicant and need a reasonable accommodation when applying for job opportunities within the Company or request a reasonable accommodation to utilize the Company’s online employment application, please contact [email protected]
It has come to our attention that some people have been contacted online by persons impersonating job recruiters for Ultimate Software. These fraudulent “recruiters” have used Gmail accounts to contact, and have requested personal information, such as depositing a check to purchase work-related supplies. These are not legitimate recruiters or job offers, and do not represent Ultimate Software. To safely apply for and view open positions at Ultimate Software, please click “Apply” and follow the instructions. Note that our recruiter emails always come from an official ultimatesoftware.com email address.
If you suspect you have been the victim of this or a related fraud, immediately contact your financial institution, and then file a complaint with the FBI’s Internet Crime Complaint Center at www.ic3.gov. If you shared other personal or sensitive information, you may need to take additional actions relative to what was shared. Your local law enforcement department may also be able to assist. For any general security related questions regarding Ultimate, feel free to email [email protected]