500 Lake Shore Blvd W, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2V9
The decision to join a company is a big one. We have opportunities for hard working, energetic and reliable people just like you.
Why is this role important?
Does working with some of Canada’s most talented minds in innovation supporting retail, digital consumer solutions and analytical platforms excite you? Loblaw Technology powers some of Canada’s most game-changing retail solutions, giving our customers the ability to live their lives well. Come work with a team that values diverse ideas, fosters a culture of inclusion and develops our talent from within. Loblaw Technology gives you the chance to excel and helps you to strive for success in a big way. Keep reading to learn more!
As a Site Reliability Engineer in Loblaw, you will be responsible for the architecture, maintenance, and reliability of our applications. Working as part of the Loblaw Technology SRE Team working closely with the engineering teams across various verticals your primary goal will be to aid adoption of cloud native solutions, build tools and capabilities which helps our dev teams own their systems better.
What You’ll Be Working With:
- Cloud: GCE, GKE, AppEngine, Cloud Functions, CloudSQL, Cloud MemoryStore, Pub/Sub, MIG, Azure etc
- Container Orchestration: Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, Istio (Gateway & Mesh), Anthos
- Service Observability: Prometheus, Jaeger, Grafana, Kiali, AppDynamics, StackDriver, Splunk
- Infrastructure Orchestration: Terraform, Ansible, Gitlab CI
- Database: MySQL, PostGreSQL, Oracle 11g, Golden Gate, Data Guard, PRoxySQL
- Networking Fundamentals: CloudDNS, Traditional Data Centre Networking Constructs etc
What You Bring:
- You are first and foremost a developer who understands ops or aspires to do ops stuff.
- Overall experience of 4-5 years in software engineering.
- 1.5+ Years of hands-on experience in one or multiple cloud vendors (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Working knowledge in multiple areas covering Java, scripting, scheduling, Linux, Oracle, Network, firewalls, load balancers, Traditional data centre topology.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; being empathetic and curious are key.
- The ability to pick up technology quickly – We do not expect you to know everything but being able to explain what you know well and what you do not know
- A strong sense of shared ownership and a desire to build something from scratch
- We at Loblaw are embracing ‘Dev Run’ mindset and that requires everyone in our teams to be on call including developers and SRE’s
What Loblaw Offers You:
We offer flexibility and balance, and an environment that sets you up for success no matter where your workspace is located. Here, you will find a great team to help you achieve your goals as you help us achieve ours! Work in our fast-paced, exciting Technology environment, helping our stores, colleagues and customers every day.Loblaw colleagues also enjoy
- Work Perks Program
- On-site GoodLife Fitness, Basketball & Volleyball courts, Ice Rink, Groceries delivered to work via PC Express, Dry Cleaning services (1PCC Office
- Tuition Reimbursement & Online Learning
- Pension & Benefits
- Paid Vacation
If you’re up to the challenge, then we would love to hear from you. Apply today, and get the process started.
Loblaw recognizes Canada’s diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. At Loblaw, we celebrate diversity and strive to build a culture of inclusion where differences are embraced, valued and supported. We are committed to being an equal opportunity employer and encourage people from all backgrounds and identities to apply to our jobs. Accommodation in the recruitment, assessment, and hiring process is available upon request for applicants with disabilities. We thank all candidates for their interest but please note, those candidates who meet the minimum requirements for the position will be contacted.
How You’ll Succeed:
At Loblaw, we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Type of Role:
Loblaw recognizes Canada’s diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
Please Note: If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.