Siebel: Application Software Architect
City: Ottawa, Canada
Position ID: J0321-1192
Employment Type: Full Time
We currently have an exciting opportunity to join CGI, a world-class IT company, for a permanent position in the National Capital Region (NCR). If you are looking for a growth opportunity that will effectively utilize your talents and allow you to contribute to a premier organization, we invite you to apply on-line.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Develop technical architectures, frameworks and strategies, either for an organization or for a major application area, to meet the business and application requirements.
• Identify the policies and requirements that drive out a particular solution.
• Analyze and evaluate alternative technology solutions to meet business problems.
• Ensures the integration of all aspects of technology solutions.
• Monitor industry trends to ensure that solutions fit with government and industry directions for technology.
• Analyze functional requirements to identify information, procedures and decision flows.
• Evaluate existing procedures and methods, identify and document database content, structure, and application sub-systems, and develop data dictionary.
• Define and document interfaces of manual to automated operations within application sub-systems, to external systems and between new and existing systems.
• Define input/output sources, including detailed plan for technical design phase, and obtain approval of the system proposal.
• Identify and document system specific standards relating to programming, documentation and testing, covering program libraries, data dictionaries, naming conventions, etc.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
10+ years of experience as an Application / Software Architect working within an IM/IT environment
7 years of experience within the last 10 years, architecting Siebel CRM solutions using the Siebel framework
Experience in developing architectural frameworks, strategies or roadmaps using the Siebel framework
Experience in performing options analysis for the implementation of requirements using the Siebel framework
Experience developing and configuring solutions for Siebel framework
Experience developing applications which use Microsoft SQL Server
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change-supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.