Shareworks by Morgan Stanley needs Senior-level mobile developers who want to write great software.
Do you want to help craft the mobile experience for a system that gets a half-million logins from one-hundred-thousand users per month? Do you want to build the remote controls for an industry-leading, financial services platform that transacts more than ten-billion dollars per year? Do you think it would be cool to be a part of the team that builds the mobile apps for a global powerhouse capable of transacting one-trillion dollars for ten million users? Have you yearned to hear “that sounds great, go ahead and try it out!”?
Mobile is only going to keep growing. User traffic has been showing this trend for years and our own data backs it up as well. Our mobile team is looking to hire a couple of strong intermediate to senior developers to form a solid foundation so that as we grow, we have an excellent core team to expand upon.
Things we believe:
- A great user experience is a competitive advantage
- You should always be willing to challenge what already exists but be open to challenging your own ideas
- Being opinionated is good, as long as you’re constructive and considerate
- Programmers are free to experiment with any part of the tech stack, we don’t believe in pigeonholing you into one role only
- Don’t trip at the finish line, we want to ship strong because first impressions count. Having a great eye for detail and ensuring everything is as polished as possible is great
- People matter. Software development can be tough mentally, there are times when we need to be serious but otherwise we are down to earth and lighthearted
What you’ll get:
- Market rate salary based on experience & generous RRSP Matching
- Casual environment – we don’t have a dress code but we do have flexible working hours
- 20 Paid Days off
- Relocation assistance available for the right candidates
- Intermediate to senior experience in mobile development (2+ years)
- Shipped at least one commercial application on the Apple App Store or Google Play Store
- A keen interest in React Native, a desire to learn it or perhaps you’ve already been building a side-project with it in your spare time
- A good understanding of how RESTful APIs fit into the mobile ecosystem and what good API design looks like (at least from an API consumer point of view)
- Development experience on both iOS and Android
- Experience with release management, App Store Connect, Google Play Dashboard, TestFlight or AppCenter
- Experience automating releases using tools such as Fastlane or other CI solutions
- Experience with React Native, Redux or React Navigation in a commercial application (or even React on web)
- API development experience (preferably in Java) or GraphQL experience
- A keen interest in user experience, prior experience working alongside UX designers or experience with tools such as Sketch, Figma or Zeplin
While we thank all applicants for their interest, please note that only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.