Shareworks by Morgan Stanley needs DevOps Developers who write great code!
Do you want to work with a system that gets a half million logins from one hundred thousand users per month? How about write code for an industry-leading financial services platform that transacts over ten billion dollars a year? Do you think it would be cool to be a part of the team that expands this platform to transact one trillion dollars for ten million users?
You aren’t dogmatic; you’re pragmatic. You know that “agile” means adapting to deliver value to customers, not necessarily any of the individual practices surrounding it. You care about automated tests and code reviews, and when the build breaks, you don’t run git blame. You find the root cause and fix it. You embrace the hard problems like build execution speed, pipeline robustness and quality.
You are a developer who is not afraid of infrastructure. You identify with the “Dev” in Devops way more than the “Ops”. You live and breathe the command line. You passionately care about building the most rock-solid software delivery pipeline you have ever built.
It doesn’t matter if it’s Gradle, Groovy, Docker, Python, Ansible, Java or shell script – you know it or you can swiftly pick it up. You care about writing fast, reliable, secure, and resilient solutions for the internal customer. You partner closely with the feature developer (your customer) to understand and solve his or her pain points. You enable the developers to ship the best code possible.
Things we believe:
- Results matter, not the clock.
- We value outcome over output.
- Code and technology are what we use to solve problems.
What you’ll do:
- Be customer focused – partner closely with your customers (developer) to enable her to ship the best code possible
- Act technology driven – design, implement, and test new functionality
- Work closely with QA – we fix our own bugs
- Use your experience to help the whole team get better
Things we like:
- Prior experience with large-scale software development environment
- Familiarity with technologies we use (Gradle, Jenkins, Java, Docker, Ansible, Oracle, *nix command line)
- A hunger for tracking down root causes – no matter how deep the rabbit hole
- 3+ years CI experience, Jenkins preferred – managing and building on the system, not just using it
- 3+ years Gradle experience – making a build system, not just using it
- 5+ years Java experience
- Groovy experience preferred
- Python experience preferred
- Docker experience preferred
- Oracle experience preferred
- A BS in CS is appreciated but not necessary with the right background
What you’ll get:
- Market rate salary based on experience
- Participation in annual bonus plan
- Competitve RRSP Matching
- Casual Environment – we have flexible working hours and don’t have a dress code
- 20 Paid Days off + 11 stat holidays
- The occasional spontaneous Nerf War
If you’ve read this far and you’re thinking “I want to be a part of this”, we agree! Apply online today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.