Job Role: Services Sales Specialist
This selling position centers on relationship-management and strategic Services selling focusing on global Canadian based financial accounts. The goal of this role is to drive service led solution sales by establishing trusted, advisory relationships with various customer executives. This role focuses on understanding the customer’s strategy, their needs and their business requirements in order to recommend the appropriate solution and to close complex, transformational deals. This role also focuses on achieving revenue goals; forecasting accurately on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly schedule; developing a pipeline of opportunities; creating account plans; and closing deals for their defined customers. Approximately 80% of this salesperson’s time is customer facing.
Who You’ll Work With?
• Build and maintain relationships with executives via meetings, telephone calls and emails – Proactively engage with the customer executives to sustain and build deep relationships to become a trusted advisor – Create relationship maps for the customer and internal
• Identify near term customer business issues, challenges, pain points, care abouts by which Cisco can improve, enhance or remedy the situation via a Services Led strategy. – Gather market and customer information – Gain a clear understanding of customers’ business portfolio and requirements
• Communicate issues and solutions to executives in a way which is thought provoking, insightful and considered a burning platform.
• Prepare a comprehensive transformational business case (includes a customer problem/challenge) describing how Cisco’s Services solutions align with the customer’s strategy – As needed, calculate the customers positive return on investment demonstrating the value of the Cisco’s proposed solution.
• Present a transformational business case and articulate how Cisco’s solutions align to the customer’s strategy – Advise on forthcoming service offers – Discuss customer needs as the basis for the sales dialogue
• Collaborate cross functionally (product sales, inside sales, channels, delivery, partners) to build credibility and earn trust
• Structure complex financial deals at an executive level (VP and above) – Negotiate the terms of an agreement and closing sales – Negotiate variations in price, delivery and specifications with customers
• Articulate future buying trends and service requirements back to necessary business units.
• Follow standardized and optimized sales processes, e.g., renewals process
Who You Are?
1. CXO Relevancy: Adding value by proactively identifying business opportunities for the customer, conveying a firm understanding of the customer’s business and political drivers, displaying executive presence by building rapport and credibility; effectively influencing other people to accept a solution; clearly connecting solutions to business needs.
2. Consulting and Partnering: Helping clients to understand their business needs, offering advice and solutions, and operating from a position of expertise balanced with a collaborative approach.
3. Strategic Business Planning: Demonstrating significant knowledge of Cisco and the financial industry; developing strategies that leverage core strengths of one’s own group and Cisco.
4. Business & Financial Acumen: Understanding basic business mathematics, financial strategies, and performance indicators, and applying that knowledge to client’s economic and buying environment.
5. Negotiation: Effectively exploring interests and options to reach outcomes that gain the agreement and acceptance of all parties by using legitimate data, objective criteria to support ones proposal.
6. High Impact Communication: Clearly and succinctly conveying information and ideas to individuals and groups in a variety of situations; communicating in a focused and compelling way that drives others’ thoughts and actions.
7. Five to ten years of consultative selling experience.
8. Bilingual (English and French proficiency)
Why Cisco?The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it’s transforming our customers’ businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.