Senior Web Developer – HTML5/Angular/TypeScript/C#
We are looking for talented and passionate web developers to continue to evolve our next-generation trading application.
The role requires a detailed understanding of software design/best practices along with a strong technical ability.
This is a challenging and exciting opportunity to work on high profile trading application. The team works closely with end users gaining direct exposure to the fast paced world of front office trading and finance.
G10 Rates Technology is responsible for delivering state of the art technology solutions to the Global G10 Rates business. Initiatives includes deliveries across sales, risk, pricing, algorithmic trading, execution, trade processing, and much more.
Citi is one of the top global dealers on the street in Fixed Income, and contributing to that success is a great opportunity to develop cutting edge technical skills with strong career opportunities.
The Fixed Income business has set out an ambitious growth plan, and strong technical development is critical to achieving our goals and enhancing our leading position in the financial market.
Job Responsibilities / Role:
- Designing and developing the flagship “Trader Desktop” platform
- Working directly with end users on requirements analysis and capture
- Troubleshooting challenging performance and scalability issues
- Liaising with the global business, support, and development teams
- Assisting in third line support during core trading hours
- Enhancing our automated testing efforts and optimizing our UAT process
- Utilize the latest and greatest Web technologies.
- Develop efficient and robust solutions to challenging business problems.
- Work on a globally distributed team to deliver the next generation UI experience for traders at Citi.
- Gain knowledge and exposure to Front Office Trading Systems, Fixed Income, and Derivatives flows.
- 4+ years of experience in building responsive Web user interfaces.
- Experience with RxJS and ngRX
- Experience with building cross-platform desktop applications using Web technologies such ag-Grid, Electron, Chromium, and Node.js etc.
- Experience with writing unit tests for Angular/Typescript (e.g. JEST, Jasmine, Karma, etc.)
- Experience with C#/.NET and object oriented programming
- Experience with consuming JSON/XML based data from REST services.
- Experience with tools such as Visual Studio Code, npm, Fiddler, Selenium Web Driver etc.
- Experience with modern software development practices such as Agile development, test-driven development, and continuous delivery as it pertains to enterprise web applications.
Nice to Have
- Experience developing large financial software trading systems.
- Knowledge of any Interest Rates or Futures financial products (e.g. Treasuries/Swaps).
- Experience with KDB/q databases.
Additional Information / Preferences:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science / Information Technology or a related field.
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written; ability to face off to business users.
- Good team-work skills, and the ability to work in a distributed global team environment
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Self-motivated with the determination to achieve his/her goals
- Flexible and able to deliver quality results in the required timeframe
- Experience in full lifecycle development
- Ability to multi-task effectively
Citi Canada is an equal opportunity employer. Accordingly, we will make accommodations to respond to the needs of people with disabilities (including, without limitation, physical and mental health disabilities) during the recruitment process and otherwise in accordance with law. Individuals who view themselves as Aboriginals, members of visible minority or racialized communities, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Job Family Group:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the “EEO is the Law” poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting