Be a part of our transformational digital journey using innovative and leading edge technologies.
Are you passionate about software development? Do you pride yourself on rolling up your sleeves and delivering and managing impeccable code that in turn drives exceptional customer experiences? Are you looking to level-up your development skills? If so, we’d love for you to take the driver’s seat in our evolution to cloud-based video and home technologies that will revolutionize how Canadians live. We’re creating cutting-edge video and entertainment experiences and fueling innovation for our customers.
Join us as a valued member of Canada’s #1 global workplace with a world-leading culture, plenty of opportunities to learn and advance your career, extensive community-giving initiatives, flexible work program and competitive benefits.
Join our team
With the convergence of innovative home and mobile networking technologies including fibre and 5G, smart home solutions, mobile devices, automation, cloud computing and over-the-top capabilities, our customers’ homes look very different in today’s digital world. Every day, TELUS’ engineering and development teams are envisioning what the future holds and building the technologies to simplify our customers’ lives, provide services at the touch of a button and create immersive entertainment experiences.
We are looking for a talented Senior Web Developer to architect, design, develop, and support new TV client applications for HTML5, Roku and Smart TVs device platforms.
We are the Future Friendly Home Services DevOps group. Join our team of software development professionals who are defining new more effective, reliable and cost-efficient ways to realize best-in-class client applications that benefit our customers.
This is your opportunity to be part of a talented team of client development professionals and API Architects with a successful track record of deploying industry leading apps on multiple app ecosystems. We don’t believe in traditional approaches, we take charge and craft new client solutions using new IPTV and OTT technologies.
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
- Our goal: create industry-leading end-to-end customer experiences for next-gen video and digital home solutions, incorporating superior performance, reliability and flexibility by design
- Contribute to an inclusive, knowledgeable and highly motivated team, using SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework) practices to frequently deliver valuable software to market
- Unlock the power of cloud-native environments, having the freedom to leverage innovative technologies and the latest standards
- Help drive a high-performance DevOps culture focused on end to end responsibility, collaboration, operational visibility and continuous improvement – delivering on critical metrics and exceeding customer expectations
- Become a go-to expert on the code components under your responsibility and how they fit into the overall architecture, promoting a seamless solution
- Power future possibilities for our customers and advance a compelling portfolio of technologies and services, from consumer front ends, to streaming and content protection, to user entitlements and payments
The Senior Web Developer role has a strong combination of client architecture experience and application development skills, as well as the ability to simplify and document complex solutions to guide other client web developers with application development, delivery and support.
- Lead, develop and maintain our next generation of HTML5, Roku and Smart TV clients enabling new features on our leading TV services across multiple device platforms
- Translate business requirements into cost effective technical solutions
- Provide direction for the integration of third-party cloud components and APIs
- Enforce standards and best practices for client architecture and development
- Act as adviser on HTML5, Roku and Smart TV platforms client development to internal and external stakeholders
- Manage technical risk: Understand and articulate the impact of architecture decisions
- Identify opportunities for architectural improvements considering current industry landscape
- Help with troubleshooting Identity, discovery, subscriber, and content API related issues in lab and production environments
- Have a hands-on and mindful approach to complex challenges
- Research new trends and technologies in OTT and IPTV API industry
- Mentor and train other developers
You’re the missing piece of the puzzle with these skills
- 6+ years experience architecting, designing and developing client applications for HTML5, Roku and Smart TV device platforms
- Strong background on software architecture, software design, infrastructure architecture, system design and implementation of carrier grade client solutions
- Ability to design, consult and build CI/CD DevOps Pipelines
- Experience with video/TV applications, DRM technologies, and analytics
- Experience with public cloud (AWS, Azure)
- Experience writing unit and integration tests
- Experience with streaming video technologies (DASH, HLS) and video players
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude with the ability to handle multiple tasks and set priorities
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to articulate complex technical details on a business context
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Experience with leading teams of external development resources
- Presentation skills to business and technical audiences
A bit about us
Our business is connecting Canadians. Our social impact is using our world-leading technology to create meaningful change, give back to help communities thrive, and help those who need it most. When you join our team, you’re helping us make the future friendly. We’re committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability – your unique contributions and talents will be valued and respected here.