Marsh & McLennan Companies
At Mercer, we’re creating a culture where you can bring your authentic self to work. When you join us, you bring your inclusive energy and enthusiasm to a team that values you personally and professionally – regardless of who you are, what you look like, where you were raised or born, who you love or what your religious beliefs are. You are welcome here.
We currently have the following Actuarial Analyst opportunity in Toronto with our Wealth Consulting Business, which brings together our Retirement and Investment consulting businesses to help develop holistic and integrated solutions to financial wellness.
Senior Wealth Actuarial Analyst
What can you expect?
- Are you looking to join a team that accomplishes outstanding and innovative work? Mercer is the global leader for trusted HR and related financial advice, products, and services. In our work with clients, we make a positive impact on the world every day. We do this by enhancing the financial and retirement security, health, productivity, and employment relationships of the global workforce.
- Mercer provides opportunities for its employees to personalize their roles and careers within the Company. We encourage the sharing of intellectual capital in a spirit of partnership. You can expect to be challenged and to be rewarded for your achievements.
- Help make a difference in the lives of 175 million people each and everyday
- Take part in interesting and challenging projects across a wide array of different clients
- Work within a growing Wealth team that collaborates seamlessly between retirement and investment advice and solutions
- Be at the heart of innovation in Canada – Mercer has a track record of using our scale and depth of resources to develop solutions where we see gaps in the marketplace
- A huge opportunity to learn and try different roles (e.g. Financial Strategy Group, Annuity Purchase Team, Asset/Liability Study, accounting experts, working with regulators to shape future legislation)
What is in it for you?
- At Mercer, we’re as invested in creating brighter futures for our own people as we are for our clients. To help you reach your full potential, we offer a culture, benefits and resources that support your wellbeing and career development.
- The opportunity to work with some of the smartest and most energetic people in the industry, who will nurture, challenge and enable you.
- A dynamic, collaborative and inclusive culture, where diversity is embraced – and you are celebrated and appreciated for who you are.
- The opportunity to network, share views, and learn from others by getting involved with our Business Resource Groups: PRIDE, [email protected], Racial & Ethnic Diversity and Rising Professionals Network.
- The chance to make a positive difference in your local community by using your paid time off to volunteer through events organized by Mercer Cares, our community outreach and volunteerism BRG.
- A huge variety of virtual learning and development resources to support your personal and professional growth.
- Competitive rewards supporting your financial wellbeing, including compensation, retirement savings, stock purchase plan, and more.
- Offerings geared at your overall wellness, including comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and fitness benefits, as well as life insurance and child and elder care programs.
- Generous paid time off and a flexible work schedule that accommodates your home life and commitments outside of work.
We will count on you to:
- Perform necessary calculations or analysis with respect to DB pension plan funding and accounting valuations, special retirement projects such as assumptions and experience studies, andprepare and review pension regulatory filings and administration work.
- Participation in the design and pricing of client’s employee pension plans and executive pension benefits, including cash flow modelling, demographic projections and evaluation of liabilities within an asset-liability framework.
- Designing and implementing strategies to manage defined benefit pension plan volatility, including funding strategy, plan design and risk transfer solutions.
- Working with investment consultants to manage pension plan risk from a holistic perspective and looking at both sides of the balance sheet.
- Work in an integrated team of professionals to resolve modern actuarial problems in the Canadian pension landscape, including union negotiations, risk transfer and public policy.
- Communicate with clients through participation in client calls, meetings, and presentations.
- Assist Senior Consultant with day-to-day client contact and problem resolution.
- Delegate and review junior analysts’ analysis and client work. Act as final technical review for client projects. Act as high-level reviewer for valuation results and sign funding and accounting valuation reports.
- Create project work plans and monitor timelines and budgets.
What you need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Math, Actuarial Science, Statistics, Economics, Finance or related field
- 3 + years of pension-related work experience preferably in a Consulting environment
- Progress towards Society of Actuaries FSA/FCIA designation
- Strong analytical skills and working knowledge of Excel and others MS-Office software programs
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Intellectual curiosity; seeking opportunities to develop new skills
- Ability to work in teams and be flexible to work under tight deadlines and changing client needs
- Superior organizational skills and strong attention to detail
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, Mercer will provide a reasonable accommodation to employees and prospective employees to the point of undue hardship upon request and as required in respect of the individual’s particular restrictions and limitations. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or medical need please contact [email protected]
Mercer believes in building brighter futures by redefining the world of work, reshaping retirement and investment outcomes, and unlocking real health and well-being. Mercer’s more than 25,000 employees are based in 44 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a business of Marsh & McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the world’s leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people, with 76,000 colleagues and annual revenue of $17 billion. Through its market-leading businesses including Marsh, Guy Carpenter and Oliver Wyman, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment. For more information, visit https://www.me.mercer.com/. Follow Mercer on Twitter @Mercer.