Reporting to the Senior Manager, Review Team, Aviva Connex this role executes the strategies and direction set by the Senior Manager and Senior Leadership Team and executes the quality program in conjunction with compliance, NPI, and regulatory boundaries. This role focuses on business in Leisure and Lifestyle, Ovation and High Net Worth areas.
Under the guidance of the Senior Manager, this role will implement the business quality strategy; coordinate regional reviews; document and report findings to senior management team; consult on and execute action plans on all national reviews conducted by corporate or NPI; coordinate necessary training in collaboration with L&D; develop coaching plans in collaboration with FLM’s and senior management.
This role will seek opportunities to improve policies and processes to maximize their effectiveness.
This role will constructively assess the performance of the regional adherence to governance elements, underwriting guidelines, underwriter authority, data quality, underwriting processes and provide feedback on operations, pricing, and staff development opportunities.
Finally, this role is accountable for overall underwriting quality within the various areas we support and compliance within established guidelines.
- This role is a key contributor in the Customer and Marketing organization, monitoring quality profitability of business brought into Aviva and retained by Aviva and will require networks and relationships across multiple lines of business, and across Aviva Canada (NPI, Compliance, BD, L&D)
- The role is responsible for leading quality services that directly impact Aviva Canada’s customers and brokers and therefore its brand and market reputation
- Responsible for making or providing recommendations on process and procedural changes
- The role is responsible for coaching and developing people, including coaching for FLM – delivering on our employee promise of recognizing, developing and engaging our people
- The role is responsible for embedding the Aviva Culture by delivering on Killing Complexity, Creating Legacy, Care More and Never Rest
- Embedding a systems thinking culture and management philosophy into the quality assessment
- Ensure all FSRA compliance and regulatory policies are adhered to
- Deliver underwriting and quality standards to enable profitable growth
- Provides input to Senior Manager and AVP in support of future strategic direction related to quality
- Engage with NPI on corporate audits and build and execute action plans resulting from audits.
- Partners with the FLM’s and AVP to drive the quality program
- Engages with FLM’s and Underwriters to build development plans to target quality opportunities and build high quality underwriting teams.
- Consult with NPI, Product and Pricing to establish Aviva’s target market and adapt the quality program to support the directions set.
- Minimum 8-10 years personal lines experience
- University/College Degree
- CIP/FCIP designation preferred
- Advanced relationship managements skills
- Customer centric attitude with excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- High degree of negotiation and influencing skills
- Ability to work in an unstructured environment with minimal supervision
- Focused approach and time management capabilities and ability to prioritize
- Solid understanding of company policies, guidelines and underwriting requirements across all regions and lines of business
- High Level ability to analyze complex underwriting files/risk and relates the findings against a set of established protocols
- Ability to make independent and timely decisions relative to a defined Risk/ Governance standards
Aviva Canada is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities during all phases of the hiring process including the application process. If you require an accommodation because of a disability, we will work with you to meet your needs. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance. If you are selected for an interview and require an accommodation, you are encouraged to advise the Talent Acquisition Partner who will consult with you to determine an appropriate accommodation.