Tell us your story. Don’t go unnoticed. Explain why you’re a winning candidate. Think “TD” if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here’s our story: jobs.td.com
Building a World-Class, Diverse and Inclusive Technology Team at TD
We can’t afford to be boring. Neither can you. The scale and scope of what TD does may surprise you. The rapid pace of change makes it a business imperative for us to be smart and open-minded in the way we think about technology. TD’s technology and business teams become more intertwined as new opportunities present themselves. This new era in banking does not equal boring. Not at TD, anyway.
TD IT Application Support covers business segment CIO technology areas or shared services technology functions. These experts interact closely with those within the Infrastructure Technology Solutions space. With a heightened focus on developing, implementing standard support models and processes using industry best practices, this role is responsible for production support, troubleshooting incident and problem management, service transition, IT change management and deployment and release management.
There’s room to grow in all of it.
About This Role
We are looking for someone to provide a broad range of systems and application support, research and analysis, administration, performance availability monitoring and management.
Meaningful work is fueled by meaningful performance and career development conversations with your manager. Here’s some of what you may be asked to perform:
- Perform controlled incident resolution including prioritization and escalation, involving business and technology partners as appropriate.
- Service applications and systems, provide application, systems, operational availability levels that meet or exceed standards and service levels already established, while minimizing operational risk.
- Promptly schedule packaging and release new applications in a timely manner, reduce change execution times by planning implementations with parallel work streams (while working with stakeholders as appropriate).
- Strive to improve production environment stability by working with others to set up, maintain and monitor applications and systems, while meeting availability targets.
- Provide prompt, effective day-to-day support, accurately identify and resolve issues, perform controlled and timely incident resolution all while making client satisfaction a top priority.
- Deliver effective and defect-free support (application, software and operations), research system issues and opportunities, recommend changes, oversee execution, keep accurate documentation.
- Design, review, integrate application requirements (e.g. functional, security, integration, performance, quality, operations).
- Address application, cross-capability and cross-release issues.
- Gain understanding of technical aspects of project and break-fix development related to the application, advise developers and solution designers.
- Assume incident management role (communicator, tracker, escalator, driver, etc.).
- Monitor system life cycles, ensure both specs and functionality support business objectives and architecture decisions, re-develop as required.
- Use meaningful metrics to monitor environment performance.
- Improve performance and resource utilization by assessing and analyzing opportunities to optimize the operational environment.
- Follow established processes/standards, business technology architecture, risk and production capacity guidelines; plan, monitor and escalate issues as required.
- Comply with both disaster and business recovery plans.
- Identify/implement process improvements to enhance revenue, customer experience and reduce costs.
- Support business case development, RFI/RFP and SLAs with vendors.
What can you bring to TD? Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. It helps if you have:
- Undergraduate Degree or Technical Certificate.
- 5-7 years relevant experience.
- Adeptness at configuring, upgrading, and administering business applications, in co-ordination with appropriate stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently in a senior/lead role on a diverse range of tasks and may be relied upon to coach/ educate others.
- Strong subject matter expertise, as you prepare to provide clients, team, and/or project team with technical guidance and assist with highly complex troubleshooting/problem resolution.
- High comfort level in leading the support of highly complex and/or comprehensive applications/systems and/or business lines.
- Strength in identifying root causes and implementing targeted and controlled remediation plans.
- Readiness to review, participate in and implement procedures.
- Strength in consulting with other functional areas to provide technical expertise on area of specialization by acting as a reference on technology, trends and processes related to your own area.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and can work effectively with vendors to fulfill support requirements.
- Possession of effective change management discipline.
- Willingness to work effectively as a team, helping others to resolve critical service issues.
- Leadership in enhancing knowledge/expertise in TD services, applications, infrastructure, analytical tools and techniques that can contribute to effective solution development/delivery.
- Interest and drive to enhance knowledge/expertise by staying abreast of industry and business trends, research industry standards, best practices and new innovations, make recommendations.
- Confidence acting as a reference for team members or clients.
Join in on what others in TD Technology Solutions are doing:
- Inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork and service to the business.
- Learn voraciously, stretch your thinking,
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.