Royal Bank of Canada
What is the opportunity?
As a Senior Technical Systems Analyst, you will be working on a mainframe application that supports the processing of wire payments. As part of that processing, it generates accounting entries to clients’ accounts, bills clients for transactions, does foreign currency exchange and interfaces with the branch network.
What will you do?
- Assess and analyze business and technical requirements in order to provide estimates on activities/tasks and establish detailed plans and timelines
- Identify risks, dependencies, assumptions and constraints that could impede any deliverables
- Design, code, and test for functions of low to medium complexity
- Write unit test plans and provide coordination and support of testing
- Create, update and contribute to critical documentation relevant to the projects (SRS, TDD, Test Plans, Implementation Plans, etc.) as well as security and architecture requirements as defined by each project
- Effectively communicate and build rapport with team members, various IT partners and 3rd party vendors
- Provide 7/24 production support on a rotating basis
- Participate in the design and implementation of the DevOps pipeline and monitoring and alerting systems
What do you need to succeed?
- Minimum 4-5 year of experience on the mainframe
- Familiarity with Cobol, JCL, IMS, DB2
- Good understanding of IBM development tools (e.g. IDz, File Manager, etc.)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of DevOps pipeline and Github
- Automated unit testing and test data generation
- Static scanning of code
- Knowledge of SWIFT wire payment processing
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities
- Access to a variety of job opportunities across business and geographies
Learn more about RBC Tech Jobs
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers .
Address: 180 Wellington St W
Work Hours/Week: 37.5
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salary + Variable Bonus
Required Travel(%): 0
People Manager: No
Application Deadline: 01/31/2021
Platform: Technology and Operations
Req ID: 308876