Broadbase Human Resources
Under direction of designated Manager or Lead:
- Assumes senior-level responsibilities for participating in planning, developing, implementing and administering the operating systems, hardware management and configuration with emphasis on Unix environments
- Installs, configures and maintains network operating system components to ensure that the server environment meets the integration and performance needs
- Takes a leadership role in liaising with external resources to ensure effective implementation of the Unix environment, including effective knowledge and skills transfer to staff members.
- Leadership functions:
- Leads both strategic and tactical planning and implementing of enterprise-level complex projects and coordination of project staff, including external vendors, partners and consultants
- Service functions:
- Administers and supports corporate file servers including Unix (SUN Solaris, Red Hat, OpenShift), Windows Server, Windows Hyper-V including user set-up, and object-level and directory-level security, with emphasis on Unix environment
- Ensures all corporate servers are backed up successfully, and performs restore operations according to corporate policies and procedures
- Monitors and optimizes systems performance on Servers and VM’s.
- Performs capacity planning on all servers and server operating systems, Local and Wide Area Networks
- plans, installs and maintains corporate firewalls including proxy services, IP filtering, subnet masking, access control lists and rules
- Writes and evaluates reports, business cases, documentation, and RFPs
- Participates on project teams in a variety of configurations and environments, involving participants from various areas.
- Evenings, weekends and callback work will be required.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in computer science or related discipline, or an equivalent combination of education, experience and certification
- Extensive experience in information technology, including a minimum of 3 years’ current senior-level experience (within the last 5 years) planning, leading, developing, implementing, and maintaining solutions in the following areas:
- Server Operating Systems ( Windows, Solaris, Red Hat)
- Public/Private Cloud and Virtualization
- Storage / Backup and Recovery/DR Solutions
- Excellent working knowledge of Windows Server, Windows Hyper-V, Solaris, Red Hat, OpenShift operating system, able to do support scripting, file management, administration, and installation
- Knowledge of IP routing (DNS, addressing), security issues, and specific skills to use current component such as Cisco Router, firewalls
- Demonstrated understanding of various identity and authorization systems including Open LDAP, Microsoft Active Directory, and SAML implementations
- Competent knowledge of security issues related to the operating system
- Knowledge of security standards related to access control, NIS Solaris, Red hat, Windows Server, LDAP set-up and file management security
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership, show initiative and self-direction, maintain currency of knowledge, and identify and solve problems that require investigation and creativity, under sustained pressure in a results-oriented team environment
- Demonstrated ability to respond flexibly and productively to multiple and changing priorities in a variety of work environments, including joint project teams, work with consultants, and on individual assignments
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Effective communication skills.