Requisition ID: 88776
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
As a Senior Business Systems Analyst, you will be the bridge between our business partners and our developers engineers, responsible for delivering exciting products in the Digital Banking Unit. We are investing heavily in order to become the leader in digital banking space, and we are launching multiple initiatives to do so. You will have a unique chance to help one of the fastest-growing business units become a leader. You will help scale, enable, and drive online & mobile development excellence as our team continues to deliver innovative solutions to Scotia customers.
Is this role right for you?
- You will provide estimates for the incoming projects at both high level and detailed level requirements
- You will analyze and develop technical requirements from solution documentation
- You will be responsible for ensuring integrity of business and technical requirements in end-to-end customer journey.
- You will facilitate requirements gathering and design sessions with multiple stakeholders to extract requirements, and turn them into use cases, user stories, sequence diagram to meet development and stakeholder needs
- You will drive joint application design solutioning sessions with our architecture, development and security teams
- You will create an environment in which your team pursues effective and efficient operations of their respective areas while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to risk and compliance
- You will facilitate sprint planning and grooming sessions and ensuring user stories are well understood by development and QA teams
- You will bridge the gap between business and IT, ensuring common understanding and IT/Business alignment of both functional (for business needs) and non-functional requirements (reporting, performance, interfaces, constraints, etc.)
- You will look at the logs, facilitate problem-solving discussions and general communications between the business and IT and within IT itself
- You will help improve and drive our engineering practices by providing valuable inputs and suggestions as to what works well and what can be done better
- You will contribute to a collaborative team environment by information sharing and team cooperation
- You will demonstrate strong personal values and a commitment to our mission and customers
Do you have the skills that will enable you to success in this role?
- You have 4+ years of experience involving in progressively more challenging responsibilities as a Business Systems Analyst in IT system solution development. You are also an agile and lean evangelist.
- You have an Engineering or Computer Science degree, and pride yourself on analysis, logical thinking and problem solving skills.
- You notice all the little details for every document / requirement / conversation that comes across you, and it drives you crazy that others cannot keep everything consistent.
- You are great at making sure everyone’s speaking the same language and are on the same page, and sometimes that involves some give and take.
- You are able to multi-task and work on multiple initiatives at the same time.
- You stay current on the tools and approaches that work best. And you are excited about working on new projects because every project is a new learning opportunity!
What’s in it for you?
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create beautiful customer experiences
- You’ll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- Dress codes don’t apply here, being comfortable does
- Our work from home social channel offers weekly virtual yoga, social events, learning opportunities, and contests to share current experiences & promote wellbeing in our new remote environment
- Access to thousands of online and in person courses so you can brush up on skills, or learn new ones
- Career progression opportunities. We hire you for your talent and not just for the job. We want to see you succeed not just in your role but in your career as a whole
- Free shuttle service to and from Union Station, onsite subsidized cafeteria with a chef, and anonsite fitness center *
*Some of our perks & onsite offerings will be offline as we continue to monitor federal and provincial regulations around COVID-19.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada’s International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank’s six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.