Our mining client is seeking a Senior C# (C++) Developer to be a key member of the digital operations team responsible for software development and sustainment of drilling and blasting systems using Agile approaches. This is a 12-month contract with travel required to the Fernie/Sparwood area (10% travel if in Calgary). Available to candidates in Calgary and close to the Fernie/Sparwood area.
The role will include software development activities, system delivery release management, change management, software quality assurance, and support of the current system. Specific systems to be enhanced are Drilling and Blasting systems (DABS+) and other custom-developed solutions within the Mine Engineering domain. Activities include software development (ASP.NET + .NET Core, C++ including Standard Template Library / API development, C#), system design, specification and estimation, development of Service-Based Applications (Windows & WCF Services), quality assurance. Enhancements will include the development of system integrations between vendor systems and their custom system.
Key deliverables would be the migration of portions of a Thick client application (C++) to a Web Framework, update to drilling results to work on Azure, updates to the system to support changes to vendors for explosives, update to current framework that can be sustained for the next few years. The candidate will deliver value by enhancing solutions for the requirements/capabilities for existing operations across the company.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Self-motivated, willing to learn new processes and technologies, and able to take a lead role for system support.
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal with the ability to engage various stakeholders in the business as well as innovation teams
- Migration/adjustment of the drill and blast systems to .NET Core and add functional capabilities in support of business process changes.
- Proven experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery of custom solutions using the Microsoft Technology Stack and Azure DevOps.
- Source Management with Git/Azure Repos within a Small distributed team.
- Experience with windows Thick Client Software Development (Traditional Windows Applications), Windows Service Development
- SQL Server Database Application Development with SQL Server 2016 or above including development and support of stored procedures and SSRS Reports.
- Web Server Configuration experience: Internet Information Server (IIS) Configuration Experience.
- Familiarity with ORM tools like NHibernate and Entity framework
- Mining and or drill and blasting domain knowledge (asset)
- Experience managing backlog, planning and estimating work, peer reviews for other software development in the area (asset)
- Embarcadero C++ Builder development (asset)
- Experience in Migration of systems to a Cloud-based architecture (asset)
- JetBrains Toolset for Development (asset)
- Enhancement, Incident and Defect Management Experience with a tool like ServiceNow (asset)
- Spanish Language proficiency (asset)
- Container-based development with Kubernetes or App Engine (asset)
- Business Analysis Experience and Implementation Experience for small software development projects. (asset)
- Familiarity with frameworks such as VueJS, NodeJS, and other alternatives (asset)
- Familiarity with Agile development processes (asset)
- Familiarity with DevOps processes (asset)
- Familiarity with use of Azure DevOps tools (asset)
- Power BI Analytics (asset)
If you are interested in this position and meet the above criteria, please click the Apply button to send your resume in confidence directly to Meagan Tuley , Consultant, Aplin Information Technology. Visit our website at www.aplin.com to view our job opportunities, career tips, and tools. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
WE APPRECIATE YOUR INTEREST IN DAVID APLIN GROUP.
If this is your first introduction to us, we invite you to become one of our satisfied candidates. David Aplin Group has been Canadian owned since 1975. Our professional consultants are passionate about helping you find a fulfilling job or career and ensuring your complete satisfaction with our process. Our proven track record, over four decades long, is largely due to our team of highly skilled and successful specialists. Through superior service and a commitment to long-term relationships, we provide deep specialization in core areas for complete recruiting and HR solutions across Canada – all from one source. We look forward to exceeding your expectations! #LI-DNP #IND-DNP
Learn more about David Aplin Group and view all our current job opportunities, career tips, and tools at www.aplin.com