Who is BGRS?
At BGRS, we move the people that move the world, enabling opportunities by connecting people and places.
We relocate people across the globe, supporting and guiding their journey by administering benefits on behalf of our clients. Synchronized with our clients for success, we transform mobility programs into a means of recruitment, development, and retention of talent. Our client partners include some of the largest global organizations, as well as mid-tier growth companies and government agencies. As a leading company in global talent mobility, we are committed to fostering an engaging, flexible, and inclusive environment that encourages growth and collaboration. We look forward to welcoming you to our team where you can experience what partnership and talent mobility can achieve.
This role is to support the successful and timely completion of global indirect tax compliance and tax dispute resolution functions for of the BGRS Tax Department.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Review systems and processes with respect to indirect tax compliance for all Canadian and foreign business operations and ensure that systems and processes accurately and completely capture required indirect taxes;
- Meet with external service providers (where required) and document and understand reporting requirements and deadlines;
- In conjunction with the review of systems and processes with respect to Canadian indirect tax compliance, identify overpayments, document and support and overpayments and file refund claims to recover overpayments of indirect taxes;
- Investigate the recoverability of foreign indirect taxes paid on expenses incurred in foreign jurisdictions through research of respective indirect tax rules and take appropriate steps to recover any refundable amounts;
- Research and documentation of technical issues related to indirect taxes that arise in respect of issues that arise in all lines of business.
- Monitor, review and evaluate updates to indirect tax legislation, relevant court cases, and government budget announcements to maintain up-to-date knowledge of indirect tax developments and their impact to BRPS businesses.
- Provide updates with respect to the quarterly Tax Risk Management report outlining status of government audits and related tax exposures, status of tax compliance, and changes in tax legislation impacting BRPS.
- Co-ordinate receipt/preparation of information and document responses to requests for all Canadian and Foreign jurisdiction indirect tax authority audits.
What You Bring to BGRS
- You foster belonging and encourage authenticity. You are inclusive, value diversity, and recognize that these behaviors empower and inspire positive action and promote innovation.
- Accounting designation (CPA, CA); CPA In-Depth Course and/ or MTax, preferred.
- Minimum three years, recent experience in a professional indirect tax services environment.
- Knowledge of the Canadian Value Added Tax regime.
- Critically reviewing and analyzing information provided by Finance and other personnel required for tax compliance purposes.
- Explaining tax implications of proposed transactions to non-tax personnel in a manner that is concise yet understandable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong accuracy and attention to detail.
What BGRS Offers
- Competitive salary and incentive plans
- Workplace flexibility for a balanced work/life approach
- Comprehensive benefits packages and wellness program
- Generous company-paid vacation days and holiday time
- Challenging, collaborative, diverse corporate culture
- Ongoing opportunities for learning and career development
Equal Employment Statement
BGRS’s global workforce welcomes and encourages growth, innovation, and sharing of perspectives and ideas. We value diversity in the workplace and are an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an inclusive and accessible environment. To learn about Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at BGRS, please visit our website. We thank all candidates who apply, however, only those selected for a personal interview will be contacted. If you require accommodation, please let us know. We will work with you to meet your needs.
Les effectifs de BGRS à l’échelle mondiale apprécient et encouragent la croissance, l’innovation et le partage des perspectives et des idées. BGRS accorde une grande importance à la diversité dans le milieu de travail et est un employeur adhérant aux principes d’égalité. Nous nous engageons à offrir un environnement accessible et inclusif. Nous remercions toutes les personnes qui posent leur candidature. Cependant, nous communiquerons uniquement avec les candidats retenus pour une entrevue individuelle. N’hésitez pas à communiquer avec nous si vous avez des questions. Nous travaillerons avec vous afin de répondre à vos besoins.