What This Position is All About
The Hudson’s Bay Corporation (HBC) offers a unique opportunity for an enthusiastic and motivated individual to join as a Senior Tax Analyst to support our Canadian Corporate Tax group reporting to the Tax Manager. The Senior Tax Analyst will ensure the accurate and timely preparation of the company’s, Corporation, Partnership and miscellaneous tax returns, quarterly and annual provisions for income taxes, estimated tax payments and extension calculations. This position will also assist in federal and provincial tax audits as well as tax projects. The successful candidate must possess strong analytical, research and interpersonal skills.
Who You Are:
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Written and verbal communication skills and has demonstrated initiative and team work competencies.
- Needs to demonstrate adaptability, flexibility and ability to work as part of a team.
You Also Have:
- Bachelor’s Degree and preferably has an accounting designation such as CPA/CGA/CA
- Minimum of 3 years of direct income tax experience, preferably with a large accounting firm
- Completion of CICA In-Depth income tax course or MTAX program is a plus
- Proficient with Excel, Word, PowerPoint, TaxFind, Tax Net Pro, Taxprep, Oracle Fusion a plus
- Strong communication, analytical and organizational skills
As the Sr. Tax Analyst, You Will:
- Prepare the quarterly and annual Canadian income tax provision calculation under ASC740, valuation allowance, return to provision adjustment and tax footnote disclosure
- Prepare/assist in the Canadian corporate income tax and partnership tax return, trust tax returns, charity information returns,T4A-NR and NR4 filings
- Prepare foreign reporting forms (T1134s, and T106s) and assist in analysis relating to international tax issues (e.g withholding taxes, FAPI analysis/calculations)
- Prepare responses to Federal and Provincial income tax notices and audit queries
- Respond to requests from internal audit team for internal control testing
- Assist with research and assigned projects
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing non discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence,compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.